Sayin' High from Alaska

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Taurus907, Mar 26, 2010.

1. Hello! What a place GC is! I have been lurking for a long time getting grow tips and watching the grow journals. I have a small personal grow going most of the time and am about to start a trial grow of LR2 using the Aerogarden. I know some do not like it but it meets my needs. I travel a lot for my job so it is hard to meet people here, Im always gone or working and everyone I know is straight as Arizona highways...
    What a wealth of information here!
    Any Alaskans in the house?

Peace

2. Hey,

I have dreams of moving up there. Unfortunately, it seems impossible. How's your life up there?

3. My life here is great! Cost of living is high but.....weed is decriminalized. There are only about 650,000 people in this state which is bigger than Texas so you can have your privacy.

4. dude, alaska. thats cool, i didnt know it was decriminalized up there. welcome to GC btw

5. Thanks for the welcome! I have sad news, the 2 plants I am currently growing are male 
    I cant wait for the fem LR2 to arrive.

Here is what NORML says about Alaska Alaska - NORML

6. Welcome, Alaska! The most awesome state in the effin' country! I spent last summer working in Denali and it will likely go down into history as the best summer I've ever had.

7. Welcome welcome. Are there big mosquitos up there? Thats the only reason I wouldn't live in Alaska. I wonder if Sarah Palin ever gets pierced by a mosquito.

8. Thanks..Mosquitos, yeah they can be pretty thick. If you go out in the woods or in the tundra they are everywhere. Last summer you couldnt breath from the forest fire smoke so it kept the buggers down. That or I was too high to notice

9. ^^ lol, I absolutely hate mosquitos. I lived in Wisconsin for awhile nad i would go canoeing in the summer but when you walked you would have a swarm of mosquitos following you wherever you went if you walked thru the woods. It was definitely disturbing my peace.

Seems like if you were consuming a ton of THC and then the mosquitos will get high and be voracious for blood (like getting the mosquito munchies, Lol)

10. Believe it or not you get used to dealing with the bugs. Alaska has so much to offer I will gladly deal with them. I think every state should take a page from ours...I dont have to register my handgun and can conceal carry or hip carry almost anywhere I want, grow my own, and walk out my door to mountains, national forest, and an inlet connected to the ocean. I really love this place.

Oh and schwag is practically non-existant here even from street hustlers.

Its all good! Peace

11. Welcome to the forums! (Welcome to me too i guess, lol)

I'm jelous of you living in Alaska... One of the few places in the US I haven't visited yet! But it will happen eventually, I promise you that.

12. I understand what you're saying, what about the grizzly bears? I hear you can homestead in Alaska still - is this valid or is it just a myth I'm hearing. If so I probably would like to build a nice cabin way out only accessible by plane - how cool would that be?

Ever read the book 'Into the Wild'? That is a good book, they also made a movie out of it but the movie is definitely not equal to the book and the actor in it really sucks. What a dumb way to try and make money from a sad story. I hate Hollywood.

13. Hey whatsss upppp :smoke: