say what you want about lil wayne

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by codymcgee, Dec 6, 2008.

1. but he kills this

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vcdGGAxs6o"]YouTube - Lil Wayne- Death Wish w/ Lyrics Included[/ame]

2. That flow is nothing special imo

3. This is a Jadakiss song and he isn't really good but wayne is probably one of the top 10 ever already.

4. top 10 ever? Maybe in top 10 rap sellouts, but defineteley not in the top 10 lyricists.

5. Haha I agree. Weird Al raps better than Wayne

6. It was alright.

notice that the only good wayne left is when he spits like he used to with that kind of flow

he is now a complete sellout and just says what people want to hear

7. Jay Z
    Biggie
    Tupac
    Big L
    Nas
    Rakim
    Eminem
    Common
    Andre 3000
    Blackthough
    GZA
    RZA
    Method Man
    Raekwon
    Ghostface Killah
    Redman
    Guru
    Q-Tip
    Pharoahe Monch

Tell me which of those you would take out to put Wayne at Top 10 all time.There are more artists I could put, but I just went with the ones that were blatently better than wayne.

8. Yea his verse is pretty ill; he completely outshined Jada that's for sure.

Lil Wayne is in the top 10 rappers of all time for a few reasons...

1. He has the best delivery in hip-hop, ever.
    2. His similes and metaphors are incredibly witty. If you don't think he has good lyrics than you clearly don't listen to enough of his shit.
    3. He's CONSISTENT. He gives his fans like 10 new songs a month. Good songs too. Everytime he seems like he might fall off... he puts out another masterpiece.
    4. He's still only 26 years old. I know this doesn't make him better, but think about how many years he still has left to keep improving.

I know I'll get flamed for this, but I'm always down for a weezy debate.

9. thank you lil wayne is a beast he got the game on lock if yall like it or not

10. 1. what, so he can flow? i was listening to a lil wayne song last night at a friends house and he rhymed the word "turtle" three times in a row, i don't feel like thats very good flowing.

2. what metaphors are you talking about? i feel like his lyrics in his songs are not connected at all, there is no depth. and none of his similes/metaphors make sense at all. "i'm a young money millionaire tougher than nigerian hair" <--- what?

3.10 horrible songs, you mean. its simple as this, if you don't put a lot of effort into a song, its not gonna be good, and i'll say that lil wayne is really good at making a catchy beat to rap over, but the catchiness of the music is about all that hes got going for him.

4. hes young, sure, and hopefully he will improve, because right now i feel that the only reason lil wayne is famous is because he is good at appealing to a certain crowd (young thugs) who will do anything he tells them to.

please dont take this the wrong way, i am just trying to provide some material for debate

11. I like old wayne i HATE new wayne buttt

1. Because he rhymed the word turtle 3 times in ONE song that doesn't define the thousands of songs he has recorded .

2."i'm a young money millionaire tougher than nigerian hair" that makes perfect sense . I've learned that if a rap artist lyrics dont make sense most of the time its you thats not getting it not them not making sense .

3. I agree with this . He releases a lot of songs but doesnt put effort into them anymore like he used to . So they're garbage

4. So wrong . Little wayne would not be famous and performing and vma's etc if he only appealed to a certain group and especially if that group was "young thugs" thats just dumb

12. i think he sucks. his vocals piss me off, and that stuff he does with the vocal machine? sucks.

I'll turn on beatles, grateful dead, etc.....before I turn on his trash that he calls music.

I'm sorry, im a musician, and i try to appreciate everything but his music is especially bad to me.

This is just my opinion, don't try to argue because there's a real good chance I won't come back to this thread. I hate even thinking about "lil' wayne" when there are so many other artists that are actually worth a damn that i can listen to.

13. I hate people who think rap is ALL about the lyrics.

Anyone who think Lil Wayne isn't capable of writing anything good, listen to BM JR off The 1st Carter cd.

14. Havn't been a big fan of Wayne lately but The Drought Is Over Part 6 is pretty good.

15. Wayne is pure garbage.

16. i dont think you really took the time to listen to him rap, yo i will tell you what smoke a blunt and listen to D-3 the album

17. BM JR is a great song.

18. meh, lil wayne isnt that great. everybody kisses his ass like hes the best rapper since tupac or something.

I admit I like a few of his songs, but most of them are pretty rough to listen to.

IMO chamillionaire is way ahead of most in terms of lyrical content and flow. I think he is one of the best rappers out right now, but im sure i'll get flamed for that:D

19. WTF? thats jadakiss