Say what? Marijuana is already legal in Alaska

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by notime4schwag, Oct 24, 2010.

1. yea, but who the hell is gonna live next to you in alaska.

and be all like OMFG weed in alaska AH MA GAWD

id be like where the fuck you get that.

2. cultivation is still illegal :(

3. Have you ever heard someone say, "Yo I got some dank Alaskian bud"

4. No, but I've heard of BC Bud.

5. #6 Burned Haze, Oct 24, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2010
    The Alaskan growing community is actually fairly huge, they have more light in summer than most, people go there just for the colors of their flowers since some colors not seen anywhere else in the world. I have some good high school buddies who after they graduated went to alaska for a few reasons, all living in same town. Came back next winter with some of the best dank and many stories of the huge growing scene. Think about it, it has less people and less 5-0, so if you were exchanging big amounts you wouldn't ever hit radar really, exp if you grew for personal reasons.

I also heard theirs a lot of russians there and will beat the living shit out of you if you look at em wrong, i was told a story where they got out of a local grocery store and there were some Ukraine/Russians partying in the parking lot where a guys body was under the wheels of the truck they came on i guess, i can't imagine such a thing so publicly and not giving a fuck? I guess you really gotta be you're own police, but a lot of seclusion if you wanted, thats for sure. You would have to be a big outdoors men and know the land before putting a crop of course, But so much easier if you own land and go on a huge area where prolly no man has walked. set up camera first year and see whats up :)

Anyways point is it would be a growers dream to own some land and grow up here, have your main place during the winter era, since such harsh weather in winter! Plus i am sure growing bigger plots in those huge forests scattered would be a no problem.

-BH

6. yay alaska!

7. Alaskan Thunderfuck?
    and alaska is notorious for having some good shit.

i'm going to pull a douche move here,
    and falsely announce bigotry stated by you.

8. Hahaha. Ever heard of Alaskan Thunderfuck??? Widely regarded the best bud on the planet...

9. It's only slightly more legal in Alaska than it is here in Cali. You won't get busted for HAVING it, but you still have to buy it illegally. Which prevents a lot of folks from getting it. So no. Not really legal until everyone has access to it. :)

10. Yeah but any more than an ounce and you're lookin' at 90 days and $1000.

11. Prohibition is a joke.

Police departments and the feds reel in funding on grow busts, politicians get to appear tough on crime and all without actually affecting the criminal black market at all.

step 1)Legalize it
    step 2)Regulate it
    step 3)Tax it

I would be willing to pay $20 dollars for a gram if I can pick it up legally without the stress of engaging in a criminal activity and without the risk of an arrest ruining my life.

12. op: it's not like there's much else to do aside from toking in Alaska. ;)

13. in the summer it stays light so late that without some bud to help you get to sleep you'll wind up messin with your sleep cycles.

Almost not a single hour of darkness really at some points. I could see how that'd make for some potent bud, especially considering its actually warm in the summer, and you don't really have to worry about wildlife messin with your crops as much, except for when bears come along. And theres also certainly enough moisture to ensure your plants dont go dry.

Is alaska making any more movement towards full legalization?

14. interested in this as well.. if canada had a border with a state that legalized, it would make the move for us that much quicker... even though alaska should really be ours .. :):smoke: jk

15. Hot damn I'm moving to Alaska instead of Colorado in two years. ;)

16. none of those steps are a good approach to stop the black market
    the marijuana black market is never ever going away so why dont we look at the real problems (crack, heroin, ice)maybe then your stps would work with those drugs.
    but it would never work for weed

and by the way to hell with legalizing and taxing it if i can grow it and make 20 a gram all the $$$ goes in my pocket not fuckin 7.50 and the rest is tax to a government who had no damn hand in my hobby or my labors
    f... the gov.& law

17. Does anyone know anything about the rumor that Alaska made it legal and then backed off and made it illegal again? I keep hearing that from the Prohibitionists but I can't find anything online about it. Anyone know what they are talking about? :confused: