Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Say What?! (hemp wick vs. butane flame and MJ research)

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by br0ken, Nov 26, 2012.

1. SO.. Two interesting and thought provoking articles I came across earlier today.
    First, I smoke every day, every 3 or so hours, out of a bong with a Organic Beeline Hawaii "Thick-Wick" HempWick. Since I first heard about hemp wick, I always thought it was more healthy than butane, because one (myself included) would think butane would be inhaled, which is no good for the lungs. I thought so too until I was doing some similar research and came across this debate on another website, claiming just the opposite.
    But why/how could burning organic hemp plant matter not be healthy, or at least not even healthier than a butane lighter?!?!
    Read for yourself, its pretty interesting:
    Hemp Wick vs. Butane Lighter [Archive] - Bluelight

Second, I was doing research on the same topic at the above time when I came across this:
    Addiction Today: NIDA INFOFACTS: MARIJUANA
    Its a summary of this NIDA Marijuana InfoFacts page that's now a 404-Page Not Found, unfortunately there is no way to check the credibility of the 'cited' research. This article however seems to have copy/pasted key points from the NIDA page. Little scary lol, just remember to look for very key words like many, some, can, perhaps, has indicated, potential, may that are used a lot in this article.

2. If I were to buy hempwick it would have to be from a us store online or something, nothing like that over here :( I first heard about it from one of coral fish's videos, (she's an awesome stoner on YouTube, look her up if you never have) and it's intrigued me since. I have to stick to good old lighters until I find some hempwick man :)

3. You know you can order hempwick off eBay.

4. Or for free from beelinehawaii.com lol. But that's besides that point, the article is saying how lighters are better for smoking (healthier).

5. I just bought some today! Did i waste a dollar?? lol

6. Yes, pretty sure if you live in America they have a site where u can get a sample beeline for free.

7. Eh oh well lol it was just 100 pennies lol

8. Just use a Bic man lol.

9. it's irrelevant what you're lighting it with, because whatever gases are released (butane or hemp particulates) are exceedingly insignificant to the ridiculous carcinogenic toxins that are already in cannabis smoke. Healthwise, the only difference is flavor.

10. dude I love hemp line. my favorite is the humboldt line. they give a free sample and even pay for the shipping

free hemp wick lighter sample

i thought bee line was made in China like the Ital rope is. they claim "hawaii" but no where do they actually say where the stuff comes from. it would be nice to know!

11. What he said :p

12. coral rules!

13. Say WHAT? I thought it might be illegal in the uk because it's hemp or something.. Definetly checking that out

14. i love how everyone is talking about the hemp wick and not the other link that seems to be far more important and interesting...

15. Well I workout and has perfect attendance on the job 3 times so you can't believe everything the link said unless you are lazy.

16. Carbon monoxide comes from combustion period,
    Thread/

17. I use bics. Mostly because I'm not a weed snob. Yay butane.

18. Support an entrepreneurial blade and buy organwick, that dudes the man.

19. I tried using hempwick last night and this morning with a bowl and i think it tastes better and i feel like i get smoother hits :)

20. I use hempwick every time I smoke and when I dont it makes my throat hurt and makes me get mucus in my lungs. It is just one person but it is a very noticeable difference that makes me think hempwick is healthier.
    HempWick.com try this stuff out, it tastes great and smells like honey!

It is made in hawaii and is fully organic, but there is still better one like humbolt hempwick or hempwick.