Say that you had $100,000 to invest/spend/save...

Discussion in 'General' started by Toastin', Jul 30, 2012.

1. #41 morange, Jul 31, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 31, 2012
    I'd hide 25K somewhere safe and secure, and then I would try to forget about the 75K remaining, and have that to make sure I don't run into any problems financing my living for the next little while.

EDIT: Oh and I would for sure definitely upgrade my grow to allow for more room to experiment, and have a wide variety of genetics available to me. And I'd be a really good customer at attitude seeds.

2. wowww... that sounds pretty cool, ive never considered something like that.

hope it pays off! :D

how to you keep them..farmed i guess lol?

3. I would pursue my dream and move out to Colorado, study at CU Boulder and become a professor at the same institute. I would be able to comfortably live throughout my college experience and smoke everyone out all the time. I would still probably hold a job as well, probably the restaurant business until I get the PhD.

4. fill 10 rental houses with like 6000w of light each and start growin for a year. quit then i have enough weed to last the rest of my life and ive already earned back my measly 100k investment..

5. That would be pretty difficult to do with 100K by yourself.

6. This is literally exactly what I'd do.

7. [quote name='"TheAtmansPath"']

wowww... that sounds pretty cool, ive never considered something like that.

hope it pays off! :D

how to you keep them..farmed i guess lol?[/quote]

The first 3 months after planting are the most crucial. Need to make sure they get watered at least once a week, ( I planted mine in the "winter" which is the rainy season here so I didn't have to setup an irrigation system. ) Then for the next 6 months or so you need to prune the lower branches. After that, just watch them grow.

Mine are just over a year old now and they are about 20 feet tall already give or take. It's all profit from here on out, no more maintenance.

In a half acre you can fit about 1200 plants. In 8 years that's about $150k US dollars after expenses in your pocket.

8. half into savings right off the bat, let interest build up

blow 5k to get some stress relief

invest in stocks, etc.

9. how long does it take to prune 1200 plants? or did you hire people to help/is this a full time job for you?

I don't mean to keep asking but i google'd a little bit and couldn't find anything good.

10. Give it all right to Romney's campaign.

11. that would be almost as bad an idea as spending it on 100,000 1$ lotto tickets :laughing:

12. [quote name='"TheAtmansPath"']

how long does it take to prune 1200 plants? or did you hire people to help/is this a full time job for you?

I don't mean to keep asking but i google'd a little bit and couldn't find anything good.[/quote]

I actually have 360,000 plants give or take a few hundred on 150 acres. It took 15 people that I hired 2 weeks to prune.

It's not my full time job, it's a short term investment.

Search my moving to another country thread if you want to read up on my full time job which is cattle ranching.

13. i'd invest half of it.
    spend like $10k on a whip.
    build a badass desktop. buy a better mic and some other studio shit.
    buy a bunch of weed.
    then go on a vacation somewhere.

14. Shit I just need 1,200 to fund what I want to do.

No clue what I would do with $100,000. That's a lot for me.

Pay off my little bit of debt, get a better apartment and save the rest.

15. Buy a house, start a business and open a ROTH IRA and put in the max each year($6000). Buy Apple stock within the IRA as it grows tax free. I bought Apple 5 years ago at $175 a share and today it is $610.

16. I'd put $90,000 in my bank account for college and post-college life, first and foremost. After that, I'd use the $10,000 to buy a pound of the best bud in CO, a sick ass bong, miscellaneous smoking supplies, and then whatever is left over would probably be spent on fast food, on account of me smoking bud all day long haha.

17. You can buy a house AND start a business for $100,000?

What country are you living in man?

18. I see homes purchased all the time for under $75,000. However, you can finance the house for a write-off to the business.
    Starting a business doesn't take a lot of capital....OPM, Other peoples money.

19. I guess I could see that working.. maybe. If you had enough investors and bought a home for cheap then it could possibly work, but if you are in Cali then I don't know where there are any houses for 75,000. Maybe a one-room, foreclosed, former crack house. Maybe.... lol

20. I'm in the business, see it every month here. Not condos either, move-in 2 or 3 BR homes. Some need remodeling, some need repairs. But a house for 40 cents on the dollar. Easy....