say NO to smart meters or say no to privacy rights

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by oceansgreen, Jan 20, 2012.

1. SMART meters give power companies, and anyone able to receive a wifi signal, the power to survey every second of your life within your home, they will make it possible to tell if you turn on or off a lamp, charge an electric toothbrush or go to sleep at night, this will make it impossible to for anyone here to grow marijuana within their homes and gives them the power to conduct a warrant-less search of your home, EVERY second of every day of the entire life of the meter, which i guarantee is longer than any warrant given by a judge lasts
    DO NOT give consent for them to install these into your homes, this is not directly from the government but from private power companies, send your power company a letter letting them know that you do NOT consent to the installation of a smart meter into your home
    if you live in an apartment complex i suggest you let the apartment owner know of this and ask them also not to consent, i would personally ask multiple apt complex's this, so that if mine consented anyway i could move.

the video i have is a WMV, and will not upload so i will see if there is a way i can find this on youtube perhaps
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JNFr_j6kdI]Smart Meters - YouTube[/ame]

here is the vid, in the description there is a letter to copy and send to YOUR power company, less work required for you to do what is necessary to defend your rights, meaning there is no reason you shouldn't be sending this letter

2. Thanks for the thread. When they come to my house I will tell them to fuck off.

3. medical states are nice :)

4. how is a medical state supposed to protect your privacy any more than another?
    yes they may be ok with you growing marijuana in your home, but these smart meters STILL violate your right to privacy, regardless of whether or not you may legally grow marijuana

5. I saw this vid a while ago, I've been practicing my "Fuck you" technique for when they show up.

6. this country is turning out like 1984....:(

7. fucking losers it is all about wrecking peoples lives and money is overiding their common sense :devious:

8. If they show up to my house to attempt to install this, they will be getting a nice giant fuck off.

9. Yes indeed.

Where are the smart leaders who serve us?

Is anon the only group standing up while the public is lazily hoping someone steps up?

Then I don't want it.

Let them violate EVERYTHING, if the people don't care, FUCK THEM.

10. right but I dont have a huge grow op going so Im not really worried.

11. How suspicious do you think it would be if someone asked a landlord to send in a removal request for their smart meter, or just in general asking to have a smart meter removed and replaced with a standard one?

Seems like they would just red flag you for doing that

12. Honestly as someone who has spent years in the computer and electrical field, while these smart meters will send data back to the power companies, it's ridiculous to pretend that they will be able to discern that the 0.2 amp drop in your power draw is you shutting off a lamp or the 5 watt increase is you plugging in a electric toothbrush. Granted, they could become suspicious of a large constant power draw but guess what? They've been able to do that for years. Except before this came around, they had to employ meter-readers to go around to every house that was being served power to read the meters. This makes the process wireless.

I should also correct, it is NOT Wi-Fi that "anyone with a wifi antenna" can get either. It's encrypted data flowing over a low range reserved GSM frequency. Closer to cell phone signals than wifi.

The thing is, I'm not even a supporter of smart meters either. But the outrage is way, way overblown and snowballing as the ignorant spread misinformation to the masses. In my opinion the smart meter could be implemented way better using the existing wires they have; the powerlines. They don't need to do it wirelessly because they could just use a powerline data transmission protocol. But in reality, this is no different then the degree of control that your internet service provider has over your internet to know what to bill you. They don't know what your using the power or data for, they just know it's being used. And that's still the way it is today, only there are people walking around with magnetic readers getting the data instead.

13. If they show up at my door I hope they are prepared to kiss my black ass.

14. Yeah I worked for a power company years ago when these things were being installed. As it pertains to growing LARGE amounts in a residence (NOT ME by the way big brother!) :wave::D it has a lot to do with power theft. If the signal is cut to the meter, it flags the account.

ISP's generally house the DNS servers that are used to translate between URL's and their respective IP addresses. They can query your URL history based on your DNS usage, so not really an apples to apples comparison there. :cool:

15. for anyone, familiar with it, the Samuel principle very closely relates to this
    short story of it, Samuel was a judge in the Book of Mormon, the people he held office over BEGGED him to be their king, he declined and warned them that kings were one of the quickest routes to losing their freedoms, but still they insisted, eventually god told Samuel to just be their king, he accepted, was a great king but the VERY next king plunged the society into absolute tyranny

whether you believe in god or not, its an important principle, if the people want tyranny, that's what they get

16. i didn't have much confidence in the word wifi but couldn't think of what word would better suit it
    also i did not intend to spread any misinformation or fear mongering, you have more personal experience with these things then i do, but were i to believe one lie or another, i would much rather believe the one that supports keepin an eye on anyone or anything that threatens to violate my rights or privacy, personally i prefer an off the grid system myself so this wouldn't matter if i had my way, but under the impression that this MAY be a risk to someones privacy rights i feel it is better to provide the information and have ti proved wrong then to have it proved right and have not even tryed to share the information