Sawmi seeds?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Seeds Banks' started by Rufus T. Firefly, Sep 6, 2020.

1. Anybody have any experience with this guys gear?

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

2. #2 old shol4evr, Sep 7, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2021
    delete

3. I was thinking about going with the BHO, 77 Jamaican x Velvet Rush (or maybe the straight velvet rush too) and the NL5/Haze Bx1 x Hindu Kush but the guy seems to have so many interesting sounding gear t's hard to narrow it down to a non stratospheric costing order.

4. #4 old shol4evr, Sep 7, 2020
    delete

• Like Like x 1
  5. while he has some fans of his breeding, there's a lot of the organic crowd, mainly here at GC that do not like the guy whatsoever. so i dunno if you may catch some cold shoulder for that or what.

i haven't grown his stuff but locally his strains are held by a couple growers, so i've smoked the buds. lets just say i never bothered to ask for a cut.

coot also swears the VR he has is not the real VR. theres probably some of that drama in the no till sticky if you search agnesdawg posts.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. I've read part of that thread, skimmed through even more and picked up a on a bit of that drama. While I certainly can appreciate the perceived rub, I don't have a dog in that hunt. My intention is to acquire the best genetics (and growing practices) some of that process seems to be in the form of unravelling stories about who has the old skool supery dupery cuts or seeds and how they were bestowed on and by who and where can I buy them,

I want to grow different types of excellent weed outside of the big commercial breeder offerings. Stuff that is off the beaten path so hopefully folks in the know will shoot me a reply with unbiased info on the guys gear

So let me ask you, what's in your que of cuts that you would ask for?

7. what's in my que of cuts? i didn't like any of the strains i tried. this was back in 2015 so i don't remember the names and none that you mentioned. i just didn't get stoned so i thought that sucked. the buds looked great. just not potent. that's what i think of his work.

as far as the drama, there's just some bad shit he did to people personally. whatevs.

i think about two years ago on IG he sold his last pack of velvet rush and did an auction. raised like $900. well a month later he found another pack! amazing right? those seeds auctioned for just about as much money. well the month after that, he found another last pack ever and auctioned it. people got pissed because they paid extra money due to the fact it was the last pack and they felt he was lying to make more money. so i mean he sounds upstanding.

what would you consider unbiased? someone that smoked his stuff and thought it sucked? or someone that liked it? i mean do you just want people to tell you positive things because you want the seeds that bad?

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. #8 old shol4evr, Sep 7, 2020
    delete

9. Sorry I didn’t make my question about your que clearer. It was intended to be a general question as to what you would be looking to acquire and not limited to any one breeders stock.

Thanks

10. sorry if i sound grumpy i am not sleeping very well. i really love bodhi. prices for packs are free or around $60 last i checked and you can't go wrong with whatever you pick. sometimes you can get sales at $30 a pack. i don't really have a favorite breeder or whatever. it seems like breeders makes one or two winner strains and the rest are ok. if you are looking for old school genetics like swami, i think you'll find a lot of that in bodhi's gear. man's a legend.

i heard OG raskal is selling seeds on IG. that would be something to sift through for sure.

11. Thank you

• Like Like x 1
  12. #12 old shol4evr, Sep 7, 2020
    delete

13. No worries, I just bought some Bodhi on the buy two get one free deal. I think that's going to be my spring grow ether in the tent or outdoors. That guy has a lot of strains, hard to narrow down so I just picked a couple...might as well have been packaged in Chinese for all I know about it. I'm still tryin to learn. Heard Snow Lotus, Gogi and SSDD were good but I didn't see where I could get them.

Other than here I'm not on any social media (it's the devils work don't you know lol) but I'm all ears if you have another suggestions.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Looking to maybe get into making my own seeds. Seems like it would be a very rewarding thing to make ones own cultivar too but I fear I will never live in the right state to make that endeavor legally feasible.

• Like Like x 1
  15. #15 old shol4evr, Sep 8, 2020
    delete

16. Goji OG and snow lotus you won’t find because they are super old but if you see anything similar for sale with them in the lineage, I’d go with those.
    You might be able to find SSDD from an individual but I don’t think they’ve been released for a couple years. I got a pack of those and I am stoked. It’s kinda hard to find info on some of his stuff so that sorta sucks. I would branch out to find more opportunities for seeds on social media. Not FB tho lol

17. #17 old shol4evr, Sep 8, 2020
    delete

18. You ever notice a lot of the stuff you want isn't available anymore?

I just looked at my Bodhi order... Sunshine Queen (SSDD x Three Kings) Lemon Thai Indy x 88 G13 HP and Lazy Lightning (headband x 88 G13 HP).

Almost no information I can find on them, just picked a couple of names and pulled the trigger based on their reputation.

19. The second with the male 88g13HP will be really nice I bet. If he used the same cut of 88g13hp from older projects. Sometimes he loses his cuts. Lol

20. I bought a copy of Marijuana Botany the other day and will learn what they have to say about breeding techniques and such.

I think my personality is such that I won't be breeding just to make a ton of the same seeds. I totally get what you are saying about the expense and other BS in the seed game but I have a desire to grow a bunch of different stuff. And legally I'm pretty limited on the number of plants I can have at one time so taking clones of something i like is probably easier for me.