Saw a truck hit a dog.

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Lucifer Christ, Aug 11, 2010.

1. Wow, I just got back from taking my dog for a walk, I turned the corner onto a different street, and I hear a big "BANG!" and then screeching tires and this awful yelping. I look up and see this big dog fall onto the road, yelping and squirming, and a pickup truck just stopped there. The dog lived, I think he just had a few broken bones. He ran out from behind a parked car on the owner's driveway, the driver of the truck definitely tried not to hit him. But what can ya do, right? Man, I'd feel so bad if I was the driver of that truck, but the dude offered to help the owner's pay any medical bills which was nice.

Moral of the story? Don't let your dog run around in the street.

2. yeah the owner is a jackass for sure for letting the dog loose like that.

3. ^ why are people so ready to point fingers? what if it was the dogs fault
    l like if the dog ran out while someone was opening a door
    l

4. this story made my day

5. Cause the dog is the owners responsibility. I know when my door rings or w/e situation, I have full control of my dog. I'm not agreeing the owner is a jackass, but careless maybe?

Dogs (well most dogs) have the mind of a 2 year old, and you wouldn't let a 2 year old get out of your control. Hope that made some sense :p

Anyways, hope the dog lives and recovers!

6. There is this German Shepherd that I see on the same street often. I have almost hit this dog four times, each one of them required a screeching halt, and one of those times I went off the road to miss him. I would be ruined if I killed a dog, especially my favorite kind. I have my own Shepherd at home, and she's been my best friend for ten years.

That one particular dog always slowly walks out into the road and doesn't even get fazed by a truck barreling down the road. I slam on my breaks, and as if I'm not even there, he slowly walks by. I can tell he's an old pooch, so I just watch him pooch his senile ass across the road and go on my way.

7. burn in hell. i hope you die

8. If you've already almost hit the dog 4 times, and had to slam your brakes... slow down. My dog often wanders in the road infront of my house(in a neighborhood), and my biggest fear is some jackass speeding around the corner and hitting her.

9. Speed limit is 50 mph, and there is parking on both sides of the road. No need to slow down, I go 45 down that road as it is since it's right near my girl's house. I drive down the road multiple times, every single day, for the last four years. It's bound to happen more than once when this dog walks out from behind parked cars.

EDIT: I'm just surprised no one else hits the damn dog. People fly down that road.

10. Agreed. Dogs belong on a leash, in a backyard, or in the house. Dropkick/anklebiter dogs belong in graves.

11. Oh, okay. well If it's a 45-50 mph roadway, those owners need to get that dog protected.

12. that just sucks at least it was ok

13. I've seen a person get hit by a car before. Which is much, much worse. They dont stop screaming but who can blame them. And yes his shoes flew in the air.

14. I've seen an aftermath of a mail lady being ejected from her truck and her skull smashed all over the intersection. I heard her scream too. It happened really close to my house...

15. Did she live? The guy I saw I think just broke his leg.

16. No... Her head, was all over the ground. Along with tons of un-delivered mail. Her husband puts up a little flower arrangement for her every couple of years.
    :(

17. That sucks man ..

Worst I've seen was a litle kitten's head completely crushed by a car .. and it was just sitting on the side of the road when I was trying to get in a car. The eyeballs were bulged out.. just completely disgusting.

18. Word. Then again, this has only ever happened late at night (12-1am), so perhaps they let him go late at night but keep him leashed up during the day.

And I'm real sorry about the mail lady bro.

19. hahah keep these stories coming