Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Savory edible ideas that can be frozen / stored long term?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by lifeisatrip, Mar 24, 2013.

1. I like making large batches of edibles at a time that I then consume over several months. I've been mainly making brownies and cookies containing canna-oil but would like to try something savory to avoid the additional sugar. I prefer something that can be individually portioned (I individually wrap my brownies so I can easily grab one from the freezer as needed). It has also has to stay fresh for several months and if it can be eaten directly from the freezer, even better. I prefer having something ready to go than keeping oil on hand to add to dishes.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Great question! I would try: zucchini bread, cheddar biscuits, individual portions of chili, macaroni and cheese, stir fried noodles or soup, or hummus.

3. WG - Thanks for the ideas! The cheddar biscuits sound perfect. Do you happen to have a recipe? I'm not an expert on edibles and am always a little worried about overheating the oil. A recipe tailor made for cannabis infused oil would be perfect, if you have one. :)

4. I don't have any recipes, sadly. I would just substitute it for oil/butter in any recipe.

5. I mean several months? Are you joking? Do you just want to have 100 plus containers sitting in your freezer? That just isn't practical. Which is why sugar items not only store better, but are cheaper to produce. I suggest you make your butter stronger, and make smaller batches. This ensures that you are only having to take a bite or two to get the same buzz. However if you still wanted to do savory dishes then soups would be your best bet. I mean you could do fried butter balls, or fudge as well. The butter balls would be the best bang for your buck, because you could make the butter very strong and make the butter balls very small. So you would only have to eat a marble sized ball or something to catch a nice buzz.

Friggin' Sherlock here!

6. My tolerance is very low and I like to titrate my doses without worrying about over medicating, esp since I medicate both during the daytime and at night and need to have a lot of control over how medicated I get on a spectrum starting from slightly buzzed to completely knocked out. I need to not have the difference between medicating correctly and over-medicating to be something as small as a fraction of a bite. Furthermore, I don't medicate every day, and therefore don't need to keep 100+ items in my freezer. But if I did need to, that wouldn't be a problem since I have two refrigerators. :D

As for increasing the concentration -- yes, I have been doing that as my tolerance increases.

It's important I avoid sugar completely for health reasons.

Thanks, but no thanks, for your rather rude response.