saving genetics of a flowering plant?

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by PortlandIsDank, Oct 2, 2009.

1. I got a bag seed clone from my friend and I'd like to save it's genes as it is by far danker than my other strains.
    What can I do to save the genes of a flowering plant for next year? Would the only option be to force it to hermi and collect the seeds? A flowing clone won't work as I can only do it outside and I have no males to create a regular seed. What should I do?

2. someone please answer this, also is it possible to clone while budding, i have exact same situation except i can take it indoor

3. If they didnt flower you can put them in the fridge. If they already flowered what you can try is make a clone and leave it under a neon in 18h/6h for 3 months and then clone it and put it in the fridge!!

4. yes you can clone while budding, it's called a flowering clone and it actually clones better.

So your saying a flowing clone put into veg cycle will produce a legit veg clone after 3 months? If anyone else can confirm this that would be great. This was the sort of answer I was looking to hear so I'll be trying it anyways

5. It should work... It's the same as any other reveg after sexing, it's just with a clone... And speaking of reveging, that is an option as well. Grow her out, and then look up how to reveg her, then take clones. Without seed as an option, you are down to clone, or reveg her as a mother plant:). Hope this helps.

6. A cutting from a flowering plant will grow roots, no problem. It is going to take a longer amount of time to revert from the flowering phase back to the veg phase, but it is usually well worth it. Clones from a flowering plant almost always have several main stems, sometimes as many as 6-7.

You can also re-veg your plant.......when it's time to harvest, cut it back and leave the substantial under bud/growth, then change your photo period to 18/6 or 24/0. OGH has a good thread on re-vegging.......Re-Vegging the OGH way = Foolproof