Saved By the Bell (and the so-called controversy).

Discussion in 'Television/Internet TV/VOD/DVD' started by Senior PoopiePants, May 1, 2013.

1. #1 Senior PoopiePants, May 1, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 1, 2013
    I just got the Saved By the Bell DVD set from a friend. When I was around 12 and watching this, it was great! But now, it's so damned cheesy. :laughing:

Regardless, I am one for nostalgia and I'm living it up right now watching this shit. But I've heard that the reality behind the scenes was not so fun - at least according to Dustin Diamond (who played "Screech").

Diamond has released a book called "Behind the Bell". I didn't read it, but I've seen the reviews and they were awful. Worse than awful. First of all, there is no editor, so shit is misspelled and an entire paragraph is even repeated. :eek:

But it gets even more nuts when you hear what Diamond has to say about everyone on the set. It's fucked up. I best do some copy and paste:

11 Most Scandalous Saved by the Bell Revelations in Screech's Autobiography - 11 Points

That's just 3. The rest are fucked up, and I don't even believe it. It seems that Dustin Diamond is very disillusioned. And even if he is telling the truth - what a dick.

Thoughts?

And damn - I'm watching the show and I'm realizing how no one has cellphones. Fuck, man. I remember that shit. I'm getting old. :(

Edit to add: This must be a/the reason why the other cast members do not want to do a reunion... What a shame.

Second edit: After reading that article (in this OP) again, I take back what I said. Diamond's claims aren't really that far out there after all and the article seems incredible biased. I did see other reviews that were similar, but who knows... So perhaps it all did happen, and Diamond is just angry for whatever reason(s).

2. Some of the stuff I can believe

But cocaine-fueled orgies with Kelly and Zack and the show's producer?

Then again, I scoffed at the AC Slater rape allegation until they backed it up with a reliable source

I guess Jesse was right when she always called him a pig haha

3. He wrote a book that says he has a huge dick? How pathetic do you have to be?

4. I don't believe 99 percent of that shit. Dustin Diamond is crazy like Andy Dick

5. I met Dustin Diamond at a comedy show once. I walked up and as I shook his hand I told him "I've seen your penis" in a light whispy voice and then I walked away.