Saucers for smart pots?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Denverdave86, Jun 5, 2019.

1. I currently in my first grow. I have a bunch of seedlings in 1 gallon smart pots. Right now the pots are on grates that allow the run off water to drip into a pan that is under the grate. Should I pull the smart bags/pots in the pan/saucer so they sit in the run off and absorb the water as needed? Or keep letting them drain?

2. #2 Laucass83, Jun 5, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2019
    Nooo!!! Never let hem sit in runoff. Look for "pot elevator"

3. Thanks. I have them on a home made riser set up that works. I just wasnt sure about how much water they are getting. I have 8 seedlings and only 1 looks healthy and is growing well. The others are all going slow (bag seeds and probably light burn) once I added a little of the fox farms liquid plant food they grew a bit. Only one is doing well tho so I'm just trying to figure out how to save the other plants.

4. The second from the top left is green and growing great every day. The rest are real slow and are mostly yellow. All plants are 14-21 from seed. I started some a week after the others. The one growing well is 14ish days

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  5. Seedling loves heat like 85F and high RH like 65%. Are you in soil or coco?

6. What's your light?

7. I am using a organic potting mix that has microryzen in it mixed with a good amount of perlite. After two weeks of growing I realized after lots of searching that the soil has no fertilizer in it. I also had the light really close to the plants. The current temp and humidity vary through the day but the temp is never below 75 but never above 85 and humidity is kinda stuck around 45-50%

• Like Like x 1
  8. To start I bought the phlizon 600w. It's only a 100w actual power led from Amazon. I had a bunch of credits so it only cost me $45. As far as lights go I have a budget of around $500. After researching some I found some $100 cob led lights that are 300w true power, and a 2000w ful spectrum led that's 450 true power for 200. So I was thinking of buying a 2 of the cob led lights and one of the other for a total of 1050 Watts vs a optic 4 for $450 at 400watts

• Like Like x 1
  9. Sounds good. They should take off soon. A trick to raise humidity people here do you can put a bowl of water in the grow area or use a wet towel. I do seedling with 64w cfl and kept them literally 2 inches away.

10. I had the light like 8 inches away and they all turned yellow so I raised it to about 21. I have read a lot over time so I feel like I'm doin everything right but the results don't look so good. I use gallons of spring water I buy that has a pH of 6.8, I have the fox farms trio, a fan for air circulation, mylar for reflection. Hopefully they do take off soon

11. I had the light like 8 inches away and they all turned yellow so I raised it to about 21. I have read a lot over time so I feel like I'm doin everything right but the results don't look so good. I use gallons of spring water I buy that has a pH of 6.8, I have the fox farms trio, a fan for air circulation, mylar for reflection. Hopefully they do take off soon

• Like Like x 1
  12. As far as lightning I'm an old school type with hps and MH so I don't know too much about led. I read a lot of happy user sharing about quantum board from HLG or new Samsung grow led. But from what I read if you get that you should be good to get nice juicy buds!

13. I decided to experiment a little with two plants that look the worst. One input in a ziplock bag with some air holes to boost humidity the other I put a dome over. They got watered today so we will see how that goes. Thanks for the help