Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Saturated Vs. Unsaturated Fats

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by BigB-Baby, Feb 23, 2009.

1. Alright so I have done a lot of searching and have not been able to find any reliable information about this....but what absorbs more thc, unsaturated or saturated fats. I learned in O Chem that unsaturated fats can have their double bonds replaced by hydrogen, group 17, and -OH molecules....THC has -OH molecule, but would that mean that it would bong with unsaturated fats, or would this not work because thc would have to lose the -OH molecule?

2. I would think the higher saturated fat the better.

3. I agree with Volcano South! Replacing the polyunsaturated double bonds with hydrogen... Isn't this hydrogenation? If it is hydrogenation indeed, then trans fatty acids are just around the corner - next, free radicals. Not good, don't you think. Just my two cents.

Cheers,
    CoconutOilGuy
    http://www.coconut-oil-central.com
    Your Drugstore in a Bottle

4. coconut, I'd be careful with your signature there. I'm not sure that's allowed.