Sativas

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Fitzgerald, Apr 16, 2010.

1. I know that sativas have a longer flowering period. I was wondering whether they also take longer than indicas to show trichomes? I have noticed more visible resin on indicas than on sativas. They're about the same age though. Do sativas grow trichomes later? And are their calyxes generally smaller? Because compared to the indicas I've seen, the sativa calyxes are tiny, almost hairs only.

Thanks.

2. yes sativas in general take longer to show signs of trichomes, and dense buds for that matter, until the very end of flowering.

3. Yes they mature more slowly so yeah they could take longer to show trichs. The buds will be much less dense than with an indica. Some sativas I've noticed don't really frost up quite as much as indicas typically do. They have fewer, but more potent, trichomes. All in all, no reason to be concerned.

4. What about the size of the calyx?

5. ive got a sativa going and its been flowering for 1.5 weeks and it already is getting frosty. it was showing preflowers right before the switch from 24/0 - 12/12. maybe i got a hybrid

6. dude my sativa has been flowering for a whole month and i dont see any frost.

7. that sucks i can get a pic and show you what mine looks like if you wanna see. i got it out of a bag of chronic. the bitch has had 9 leaves on the fans since like the 4th node. she popped up like 1 foot in 4 days lol

8. yea let me check that out.

are you sure its a pure sativa?

9. no im not sure, but it is showing a lot of the sativa signs

10. it probably isn't even a pure sativa then...