sativas

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by sIlVeRpIsTiL, Nov 5, 2007.

1. does anybody know if lst-ing a sativa as efficient as lst-ing an indica as far as yield and space.

2. sativas tend to be larger with less of a yield.. but alot of people think the high is better (i like indicas) so its up to you

you have to watch topping some sativas (i think thats what you mean) some do not respond to it so well as topping is a sog technique

3. ya i uderstand that but i currently have some sativa seedlings and not much space so i was wondering if i should plan on using lst or the lolly pop procedure and just flower right away

4. you should let them go untill they are showing thier sex.. or atleast untill they have 9 leaves... flowering any sooner could, stress your plant, greatly reduce your potential yeild and quality......if you dont have much room dont top them that makes them bushy if you dont top them they will mainly just grow straight up but you will need at least 2 square feet per female (they will get much bigger than they are now)

5. a better question may be whats the best way to maximize my sativa yield in a 3x2 grow area because i would be satisfied with a an ounce after a 2 plant harvest

6. 3x2 per plant or 3x2 for both? 3x2 for 2 sativa females is not enough room.. in that small of a space you might be able train 1 but as for having 2 in there i dont know.. do you even know if they are both even females?

7. no not sure yet but i plan on flowering one plant and then putting another one into flower about two or three weeks before ni harvest the first one to get a continual harvest so i figured two or three weeks wouldnt be too much of worry concerning space.

8. Wrong. Sativas yeild more than indicas if givin the space. Sativa is an energetic head high and indicas are chill, not much movin going on high.

Oh yeah and it would be the same as lsting or topping indicas but you have to give you the space.

9. You can't really LST a sativa. Secondly, you can put sativas on 12/12 or 13/11 from seed if you'd like. Sativa's growing pattern makes them grow straight up into a tower of bud, so vegging them is a complete waste of time. Unless you intend to attempt to keep them small. My best advice is to veg them to like 12", FIM, veg them to whatever size you want, then top each one of the FIM stems and flower. You'll just have to continue to top each FIM stem on all the plants to force the sativas to bush out and stop them from climbing out of your closet and out your window. Sativas are really better suited to big pots and one plant per pot, with lots of vertical space and light. They grow into giant towers of bud if you flower them from day 1. Unlike indicas, sativas will stretch continuously throughout their flowering cycle, so they just keep growing straight up till they hit 7ft+ (or till you cut them down). Sativas may or may not respond well to pruning.

10. I am growing a Snow White and she is very much the sativa you have described...She continues to stretch clear into harvest...However, she is very bushy, especially in 2nd reveg...I just keep tying her back until harvest at 10 weeks...I get the impression that she could go 14 or 15 weeks...

11. ummm im LSTing a strawberry caugh right now and tis fine soooo yeah thats just not correct

12. i'm no expert but this is just wrong.

according to this, sea of green method wouldn't work. in actuality its perhapes the best method.

13. You don't know what your talking about kid. Stop trying to give advice when your the one that needs it.

14. this is one bitchie thread lol

15. a lot of threads are getting bitchy on this website. i haven't gotten any positive vibes from this website in quite a few days now. i don't understand why people need to be mean to each other

16. I think the reason some threads get "bitchey" is becase alot of people who need to be listening are talking and giving bad advise.
    The guys who know better are trying to get them to shut up and not confuse people. One guy is full of bad advise and in the white widdow thread he says he has never grown a single plant. [you know who you are] just pay atention to the guys who know what they are talking about.

17. i gues its one thing to correct someone when they are wrong. but no need for jack ass ness

18. Hmm didn't know informing people that they are wrong is being a jackass. :hello:

19. Well then, sending hugs and good vibes your way to turn the tide...