Sativa with light green/yellow wilting leaves

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by dabbish, Oct 31, 2011.

1. #1 dabbish, Oct 31, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 31, 2011
    I've only grown Indica domininant strains before but this time I am growing Haze. Problems started when I induced flowering. On almost half of my plants the leaves started turning light green, and some of them even yellowish.

My nutes are Atami's Coco Max A&B and I was following the feeding schedule for them:

A: 5-0-1
    B: 0-2-3

I read that Sativas can turn yellow in early flowering if you give them too much nitrogen. So I started using less of the A nutes. But it seems the problem persists and now I just noticed that around 5% of them are starting to have leaves that curve, bend and wilt. I have attached some photos.

I also have a few of motherplants in the vegetative state from the same strain that I fed the same that are not showing these problems. However they do show signs of over fertilization (end of the tip looked burnt pointing downwards).

Is the problem too little or too much nitrogen? Do the wilted leaves indicate too much nutes? Could it be PH related? Should I go ahead and flush immediately or just feed them water next watering time?

Thank you.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. if the tips of the leaves are curving down it could be too much N. you should have ph checked before switching as well as a flush. assuming that was done, then if you are a week or more into flower it wont take much to give it too much N. i would just go on the B nutes you have for a week or two, if you notice the leaves turning yellow then add a few drops of the A nutes to even it out, and use that nute mix per your normal feeding.

3. Haze plants are really weird looking when they're growing. Are the leaves spongy of stiff when you run your hand across them? The Haze plants i've raised have always had very light green/yellow leaves, especially near the tops, and have been claw-like. If the leaves are yellowish but really stiff you might be ok. Any more info you can give would help

4. #4 dabbish, Oct 31, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 31, 2011
    Thanks for your replies guys.

After closer inspection I noticed that the bottom leaves on some of the plants showed signs of nutrient burn.

To be on the safe side I decided to flush all of them.

And I just remembered I have one of those cheap metal-probed PH meters. And after checking just now, the PH level of some of my plants is 7.5, after I flushed. So I guess that means that it definitely was a case of too much nutrients. And that I need to flush it even more, right? Should I keep flushing until the PH stabilizes or should I wait?

I didn't flush before starting to flower no. And a lot of leaves are already turning yellow so not sure if I should go with just B nutes in that case.

They feel a bit dry. Not sure about stiff. But definitively not spongy. The yellowing happens from the bottom up. And is mostly visible in the middle.

5. I took one plant and flushed it with 10L as opposed to 1.5 as before. And now the meter says 6.7-6.8. So I guess it's most likely a salt build up. They are also root bound so that might have been a factor.

The lights just went off so now they need their rest. Can I just put them in the shower tomorrow and spray them with tons of water before re-potting them? Or is it imperative that the water is PH adjusted?