Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Sativa Vs. Indica

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Indigo Tesla, Oct 2, 2016.

Tags:
?

Which would you rather smoke?

1. Indica

4 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Sativa

8 vote(s)
    66.7%
  1. So I'm sort of new to smoking. Did it some in high school, but only when it was offered to me. I have a question that I know I could just google, but I want a more in depth answer. What is the difference between indicas and sativas? How can you tell which kind you have if you have weed and you aren't sure which it is? Is there a difference in how they make you feel or how they were grown or what? Looking for a full answer covering the entire topic. Thanks in advance for helping out a newbie!

2. Sativa is more of an uplifting high. Good for daytime use.

Indica is more couch lock. Good for getting to sleep at night.

Personally, I prefer hybrids. Pure sativa will make me paranoid as fuck, and indica just knocks me out. A good hybrid will let me smoke it throughout the day, and then just take a couple extra hits at night before bed.

• Like Like x 1
  3. I love the indica. After a metric shit ton of annoying crap throughout my day, I love to just let go. That warm melting feeling allows me to unwind and truly relax.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Sativa is supposed to be a head high.

Indica is supposed to be more of a body high.

Most strains are hybrids of both. But I prefer indica heavy strains just because I feel like the high is stronger, more couchlock, hunger, decreased anxiety, etc.

Indica heavy buds are usually dense and hard, have a skunky or diesel smell in my experience. Just really pungent. Sativa heavy are usually more fluffy and soft, have a sweeter smell, sometimes they smell really fruity sometimes they smell piney

• Like Like x 1
  5. Sativa is more of a head-high great for daytime use, though be careful some sativas make some people paranoid and it hard to focus and relax, although not everyone gets that paranoid effect.

Indica is more of a body high and it great for chronic pain, sleeping and also headache.

Hybrids a mix of both either 50/50% or sometime it can Ben anywhere from something like 65/35% so it's either a 65% indica/ 35% sativa or it could be the opposite.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

6. Sativa all the way. Hard to grow indoor , but the smoke is always good tasting and potent. Energetic and creative. Awesome for smoke during the day to stay productive. The buds are more airy, lighter and fluffier than indica.

Indica are more of a night cap . Solid , dense , resin coated nugs. Much more enjoyable on a lazy Sunday morning or at night after a long day at work. Couch lock , sleepy and munchies are all expected.

Hybrids give you a mix of both.

7. Picture example of both nugs

Attached Files:

8. Indigo Tesla, when I "do" pot ;), I break it down like this (keep in mind that I'm a highly anxiety-prone individual) and all of these work for me as long as I stick to one, maybe two hits per hour-and-a-half:

Sativa:
    Flo
    Golden Goat
    Blue Dream - some places/sites consider it a hybrid

Hybrid:
    Headband
    Girl Scout Cookies
    Master OG

Indica:
    Cherry Lime
    Purple Cotton
    Gorilla Glue #4

And as others have said, indicas will tend to generally put you to sleep. They can be pretty fun, nonetheless.

Sativas have more of a crisp, bright, snappy smell, light color, and drier buds with a narrow structure. Indicas are darker, more moist, more broad and dense in structure, with an equally pungent, yet soft, sweet smell.

Hybrids (obviously) fall somewhere in between.

Hope this helps.