Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Sativa vs Indica in edibles

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by indicadom, Mar 25, 2013.

1. So I have been curious how these two types of cannabis would affect edibles. I have eaten edibles made from indica, and hybrid strains, but I have never had a 100% sativa. Now the reason I ask is because if you know how the highs operate, after smoking multiple bowls of indica you go to sleep. However if you smoke multiple bowls of 100% sativa, you go up, and up! So this has me wondering if anyone who grows 100% sativa strains, has made any edibles from them? Also I am wondering if you were to keep eating edibles made by 100% sativa, would it be like shrooms where you keep eating them and the trip becomes harder and harder? Anyone have any information on something like this?

2. would you be able to tell the difference?

3. Exactly, not only is the question, would you be able to tell the difference...but also would the high follow the same characteristics as when it is consumed through inhalation? So first I was curious if you could tell the difference, and then I was wondering what happened when you kept eating more and more 100% sativa edibles? I almost immediately pass out on edibles made from indica bud if I eat too much. However would the same happen with 100% sativa edibles? Would I have to eat twice as much before I felt the need to sleep it off, or would I not really experience any of the common effects of indica and immediately feel a more psychoactive effect and possibly start seeing tracers etc.?

4. Most of the edibles I eat are made from Sativa dominant strains. I have never eaten enough (too much?) to see tracers and whatnot, but I don't feel sleepy either. I find the high just keeps on creeping up on you a little at a time until you hit a peak and then start coming down. The few times I have had Indica dominant edibles, my feet were nailed to the floor and the couchlock was just too much for me and not what I deem an enjoyable high.

5. since edibles are made for 'medical' purposes, it would be hard to find a 100% sativa since indica is the real pain reliever

6. I think it is the fact that nobody wants to grow out a 16 week finishing 100% sativa, and then throw all those buds into edibles just to test out this experiment. I feel that is the problem, lol.