Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Sativa or Indica?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Michael A, Aug 5, 2018.

?

Sativa or Indica?

1. Sativa

6 vote(s)
    60.0%
  2. Indica

4 vote(s)
    40.0%
  1. So....
    newer folks to the growing world, like myself, are just learning how to sex and identify the strain (sativa or Indica)
    so I'm making this thread so newbies like me can post their pics and get help on it's strain.
    here's mine.....whats your professional guess? Is it a Sativa or is it a Indica?

Attached Files:

2. It’s an overwatered Hybrid. Looks like you need some perlite in there to help drainage

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Most strains are hybrids. Pure sativas or indicas are few. Looks possibly sativa dominant. However even an indica dominant hybrid stain can show sativa like qualities and vice versa

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. I pulled it out of the rain right before this pic, and it rained for 3 days. when I wake up at 2pm I pull it out of rain if it's raining.
    I used to take core samples of the soil to gauge my watering.
    I know when she needs water.
    only been over watered a little in the last 3 or 4 days.

5. also, I am adding permits when I transplant for flowering.
    how sure are you that it's a hybrid? didn't even know we had that. lol

6. perlite* not permits

7. Like stated above, most strains are hybrid crosses of some variety. The leaves look hybrid, not long and skinny, not short and fat.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Cannabis is kinda like dogs most strains are mutts. :)

Good mutts though! We love 'em both doggies and, bud. :)

• Like Like x 2
  9. The vast majority of strains are hybrids. There's very few stains that aren't hybrids. Even some that aren't listed as a hybrid, if you dig into thier lineage you will often find they are hybrids.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Thanks fella's for your Input.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. learned something new. yay. lol

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. she's looking less over watered. that 3 days of rain wasn't good. lol 20180806_161607.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  13. Looking much better. Hope she produces well for you

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. ya, she just needed one good dry day.
    no rain, no watering except for the Epsom salt foliage spray I gave her today. I do that two or three times a week. 1 tsp per gallon.
    I have a question for you or anyome reading.
    I've had my pla ts in 20 hours of light a day. it's getting to big to put under my bathroom florescent lights at night.
    I want to jist keep it outsidebut I'm afraid it will trigger the flowering stage.
    if my pla t is used to 20 hours of light and I put it outside for normal light cycles, will it start to flower? even though it's still 13 hours of light a day?

• Like Like x 1
  15. Short answer, probably. We are getting really close to outdoor flowering now. It doesn’t occur at 12/12, more like 13.5/10.5 or 13/11.

• Like Like x 2
  16. ya I figured. that's what I'm afraid of. I don't want it to go into flowering stage for at least 4-6 more weeks....gonna habe to figure out a way to still bring it in the lights at night until middle of Sept. the I'll just leave it outside through the flowering process

• Like Like x 1
  17. I'm in SW Florida so it wont get cold till january, so itll be good time.frame for my location

• Like Like x 2
  18. It has nothing to do to how cold it is for a plant to flower. Has yo do with the amount of light hours. It can still be warm outside

• Like Like x 1
  19. I understand that. but the cold will kill a plant.

20. I can't find much but from what little bit I can find, cannabis begins to flower in september/early October in Florida so you'll be fine. Cannabis is alot hardier then you think. I've had outdoor plants literally freeze solid and still finish. I live up north, a quick nighttime cold snap at the end of flower isn't uncommon. You being in Florida won't have that worry. Unless your temps are consitstanly dropping and staying low all day you'll be fine. You're not the first one to grow outdoors in Florida

• Like Like x 1