Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Sativa or indica? **PICS**

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by fewfwe, Mar 21, 2012.

1. I don't know why but I can't tell if its light green or dark green. The pic looks dark, so it's hard for me to tell. It's still a good pic though, you can see the trichomes really well.

2. Yeah thats because you are smoking a certain phenotype of those genetics. If you had 20 seeds from that strain and grew them all out you would find ones that look a lot more Indica.

3. Can't tell the strain from the picture... but how much you pay for that?

Looks dank but also looks extremely squashed... whoever is handling the weed sucks, tell them not to press all the buds together like that.

4. Their not squished at all lol. They are dense nugz. Is this better?

[​IMG]

5. Of course. As with any living (or once living) organism, there will be certain genetics expressed physically. All an organism's phenotype is a certain expression of their genotypical traits.This is like family. For example, there will be six brothers, five of them will look strongly like their fathers and there will be one that looks like someone else in the family or a mixture of persons in the family.

Just because there are different phenotype options for different strains makes it an exception, not a rule. Of course, with any weed strain 19 of the 20 seeds could have buds that end up looking like Indica and only one Sativa.

However, you must note that if the genotype isn't there, it can't be expressed in the phenotype. Many strains have been hybridized for generations, breeding for strength, potency, and yields that wouldn't be found in their original genetic line.

If something is a pure Sativa, I mean 100% pure with zero Indica in its ancestral line, I will bet my bank account that all of the buds will be less dense than an Indica and more spear-shaped than an Indica. I guarantee it.

6. Ah yes I remember that night. The 3 blue ones and the fourth from the right are mine. :smoke:

EDIT: If you smoke it you'll either get couch lock or an uppity type of high and you'll be able to tell which kind it is. I think it's indica that gives the couch lock, but feel free to correct me.

7. Fucking lol.

8. But nothing is pure Sativa.

9. Is it me or did this guy just post from 2 profiles?

10. You got that one right sir!