Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Sativa and indicas

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Home_stone, Oct 14, 2014.

1. Ive never wondered about this before but kindve want to know, is there a specific smell or look that seperates indicas from sativas? Like if you where to pick up an ounce of an unknown strain, would you be able to tell if it was sativa or indica before smoking it?

2. #2 Captain_Jack, Oct 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2014
    Not really, no. If you can see the actual plant, indica plants are usually shorter than sativa plants (not always the case, however). Almost all bud bought on the streets nowadays is a hybrid of some sort though

Happy toking!

Sent from four score and seven years ago

3. After years and years of every day smoking of hundreds of different strains I still don't feel like I've ever smoked weed and had a jolt of energy from it. It seems like they're all indicas.

4. Idica bud is usually dense and sativas are usually fluffy. If you hold an indica bud up to the light, no light may pass through, but with sativas, you will see light.

5. Some of the fluffliest bud I've ever had has been indica...

Happy toking!

Sent from four score and seven years ago

6. Indica buds and plants tend to be dense, squat. bushy and dark. Sativas seem to be lighter, fluffier, etc. 

As for the smell, I can almost always differentiate a sativa from an indica. The former always seems to be bright, fresh and citrusy/lemony. The latter tends to be deeply earthly, pungent, piney and zesty. 

Now hybrids... that's where it gets tough.  :smoke:

7. IMO, sativas have a earthy musk to it and indica has a skunkish smell to it.

Sativa sometimes is fluffy, but can be dense. Indica is usually dense but can be fluffy.

People have different reactions to either, and since hybrids are around its hard to tell.

Sativa makes me happy and indica makes me serious stoned.