Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Sarcoma…possible Solutions

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by drifter106, Aug 25, 2014.

1. one more thing to note….the smell, taste, thought, or sight of cannabis at this point in time is very repulsive….
    but at this point and time, we will just have to live with it.   LOL

2. try a vaporizer with some really good smelling cannabis. you will regain an appreciation for its subtle aroma and texture and effects if vaporized...

3. Have been wondering how the body is removing "the waste material". Was hoping I could find something that would answer my diarrhea problem. Came across this when I did a search on toxins…found it to be very informative.

http://www.wellnessresources.com/health_topics/detoxification/toxin_removal.php

here is an excerpt

In general there are four primary toxin removal systems that must all be working in harmony with each other.

These involve:

The disposal of cellular waste products, especially lactic acid.
    The removal of larger waste products through your lymph (smaller waste products go into your veins and are exhaled or sent directly to your liver).
    The processing of toxins by your liver, most of which then go into bile and then into your digestive tract for final clearance (some are made water-soluble and go to your kidneys to be excreted in urine).
    The final clearance of waste products by your digestive tract.
    These four systems tend to flow from one to another. Any glitch in any one of these major systems of detoxification will back trash up in your body and cause problems. In the next four sections I will take up each of these areas in greater detail.

yeah, in your oil, you lose a lot of the terpenes that make it taste more palatable, and are left with a decent amount of other material, which I don't care too much for the taste of either! But, a little smoke can make a huge difference. A little sugar with your medicine ;)

That was interestng.  Thanks.

6. #67 drifter106, Oct 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2014
    the last 2 days I slowed down some on the oil. Because of that, I stopped or better put, slowed down my trips to the toilet. Started again yesterday and the guilds started running again. Just gotta keep my water intake up. Tried to go to work yesterday, didn't work, came home and slept most of the day. Will do the same tomorrow. Thursday is my trip to the cancer doctor.

The last patch of oil we made was a lot more "runny" than the previous. I believe there is a name for this type of cannabis. It was "leftovers" or trimmings. Still had the same effect as the previous batches, just more fluid than previous batches.

Can still feel the tumor, but pretty obvious that its size is significantly smaller. How small…no idea.

KU wanted me to bring up a copy of our local hospitals copy of the MRI and the CT scan that they did back the first of August. After reading the report again it stated that the lesion was 118 x 281 mm. Thats 4.6 inches by almost 12 inches. If it has shrunk I am hoping the doctor will be able to tell if its shrinking by simply doing an exam. I know, wish in one hand and then poop in the other…lol

using trimmings instead of flower can lead to more leaf material/water in your oil, making it runnier. I don't know about the other though. It usually leads to some pretty pungent burps, but... that can't be easy. I'm very curious to hear what the doctor says. Thanks so much for keeping us posted!

8. #69 drifter106, Oct 2, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2014
    Back from KU med center…

Points of emphasis:

will go back tomorrow, Oct 3rd for a P-Scan
    will go back Mon or Tue of next week to get a bone marrow biopsy
    at some time they will put in a "port" (this is some type of device they put in you vein to access your circulatory system (preliminary for chemotherapy)

Doctors rationale: He wants to find out for sure what stage the cancer is in. Right now he thinks its a stage 3. He indicated that in finding out the stage will help them prepare the correct chemo configuration. He also wants to make sure the whole body is checked out (in case the cancer is in other parts of the body). He also wants to make sure that if it is a low grade lymphoma that it hasn't changed. There is a chance that some of the tumor could have transitioned into something other than low grade and that would require a different regiment of medicine.

I explained what I was doing insofar as the cannabis oil is concerned…he said if it was helping, that I should keep doing it. These guys,they act like they haven't heard of THC or CBD's…never heard of them or what their purpose is. A few minutes later he mentions how he is working with one clinical trial that involves cancer and marinol ???????? go figure.

He indicated that the tumor is a little bit bigger than a grapefruit and his first priority is to shrink it. He is leaving open the window,in my opinion, a way out using either or both methods (cannabis oil and/or chemo) to eradicate the tumor.

This guy is a control freak…lol not a bad thing, just an observation

He said he could feel the tumor from his preliminary observations. He would not give me a definitive answer as to wether the tumor has grown, shrunk, or stayed the same.

He said we would know from the p-scan.

Whether the lymphoma is localized in my torso or has spread throughout the body will be a very important indicator. Probably won't know the results of the p-scan until first of the week.

Took a small dosage this morning, didn't want to have a regular dose and then contend with diarrhea while in KC. Will get back on my regular routine this afternoon.

9. #70 beaniegrl420, Oct 3, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2014
    Ok, I can't take it anymore! Diarrhea should not be a symptom! Even if your body was flooded with metabolized THC too large to pass in your urine, it shouldn't pull that much water just to get it out in your feces. 

So, I looked a little more into it, and chlorophyll can cause loose stools. If you are washing your material for too long, especially with the Everclear, you could be pulling out too much plant/leaf material, especially if it's trim with water leaf in it. This can lead to stomach upset. 

How long are you soaking/washing your material when you make your oil? And are you freezing all materials beforehand?

You can't get better if you're unable to utilize all your resources, and this depletes a lot of them! I'm hoping we can eliminate it (hahaha made me laugh cuz Im a 12 yo.)

Also, the material you are getting, is grown organically? Or treated?

10. the last time we made a batch (1 oz) we put 2 batches up. Both batches have been left sitting out and there has been some evaporation of the material. The consistency and makeup of the oil is a lot thicker and stiffer. Less moisture is observed in the oil.

There are many variables that could be causing the diarrhea (I am thinking it might be the chlorophyll. I have been taking a full gram ever since I got back from KU Thur. The diarrhea is not as bad as what it was when I started using the first batch or 2. Will continue to use oil, go up Tue for a bone marrow biopsy and the "port" implant.

Hopefully i will have some type of consultation on the P-scan.

11. have you tried the vaporizer with a good smelly strain that gives you abundant terpines? that will coat your stomach and help settle it IMO. go to your guy and demand the smelliest strain he has....

12. Do have a vaporizer and will try that. Right now I use a vapor pen simply because its a lot handier.

13. slept all night on a couch without waking up last night. Haven't done that in a LONG time. Getting ready to go to KU med center for bone biopsy. Hopefully, someone will tell me the results of the Pscan and whether this thing is shrinking.

14. Bone marrow biopsy done
    Port put in, above the heart right side near collar bone (sore and annoying) lol

Did some looking into the chrophyll thing..... Seems as though it is a good thing for the body

So is Botox, but to much (botulism) can kill you....

Diareha isn't as bad as what it has been
    Back pain doing better.....sleep and riding in a carp for any duration is significantly better

Go tomorrow to draw blood then see the doctor and hear what he has to say about all the tests and what the plan is

15. Quick report from yesterday

Dr said tumor is about the same size
    He said it was stage 2
    That it was a very large mass
    Did not find any cancer in my bone marrow
    He said he has had 4 or 5 people with this type of cancer....because of its large size (but had characteristics of sarcoma) made it hard to diagnois...his inference was that it is a new "subgroup" in the lymphoma cancers

I asked him about the effects of the cannabis....he indicated that perhaps the cannabis helped with the inflammation and that's why I don't have the pain. He did not want to talk about the use of cannabis........he wanted to talk about chemo treatments

I am not completely sold on doing chemo right now ....Havel a week to decide on what to do.....have increased the size of dosage today.....3 dosages, total oil consumed in 1 day 1 1/2 to 2 grams

16. Im sorry to hear that your doctor doesn't want to be open to all your chances, but I'm glad that you aren't so close-minded :)  

it's only been about a month, and, well, you know it's doing something with at least the inflammation, so great job staying focused and determined! Im sending good juju to help you tolerate it well too. 

Whatever you decide to do, do it for you!

17. Attached Files:

18. interesting. I can't read it to save my life, but interesting. Nice to finally get to see what you look like ;)