Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Sarcoma…possible Solutions

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by drifter106, Aug 25, 2014.

1. ok…will push the 1 gram up a little each day.

I found out today that my cancer is NHL lymphoma (follicular)

sleep is more common now…its always a restful sleep.  Sometimes its just a cat nap but then fall back to sleep.  Feel like I have a little more control over my pain in regards to how I use the medicine.  This last patch is definitely stronger.

2. Was wondering if you've cut out more pain pills. That is essential. RSO amps up the immune system to fight cancer; while opiates repress the immune system, preventing RSO from fully working (and opiates cause other harm, like with digestion, sleep, liver function, etc.).

Good luck. It sounds like you could truly beat this cancer! 

3. pain pills are down to 2 a day…still having problem with bowels.  Seems like about 2 hours after I take some oil I have this need to go to the restroom.  NOthing but water.  Keep thinking its toxins leaving the body……back and pain feel so much better.  Divided my daily intake into 2 sessions yesterday.  Was not a good idea, should of kept it at three into of two.  Had so paranoia issues the second dosage yesterday.  Lasted about 2hrs.  

4. #44 drifter106, Sep 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 20, 2014
    I have been thinking about cutting back on the dosage for a day or 2 (maybe cut back to 1/2 gram a day for a couple of days (just looking for some rest) and then going back to a gram a day after a couple days of just 1/2 gram.  Is this advisable?

Will still have the oil passing through the body just not at full strength…thoughts??????

I can tell the that the tumor has shrunk, just don't know how much.  I am thinking its close to about 1/2….thats just my gut feeling from what I feel with the absence of pain and my ability to move.  If my memory serves me right I have been taking this oil since the beginning of September, Sept 3rd is the day I started taking it orally…..makes for about 3 weeks.

5. #45 beaniegrl420, Sep 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2014

Rest from the paranoia and IBS? Maybe try 3/4? I wouldn't bump it back down too far...bump it up slowly, take it down slowly. Otherwise, your body may become confused, or not able to finish the work it's started at those higher levels. 

Do you know what strain you are making the oil from? 

Many patients, using the oil, find a wide range of body symptoms, sometimes that seem to have nothing to do with their original reason for medicating, and they all seem to have the same feeling, that it's the cannabis targeting something that shouldn't be there. All I have are anecdotes, but, if you feel good about it, buy some soft wipes and release the Kraken! hahahah

ah, one other thing, are you eating when you take it? Or just taking it? 

6. #46 drifter106, Sep 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 22, 2014
    the last batch had 3 types, but was mostly indica.  Still have the same routine, take the medicine, wait for about 2 hrs then it hits.  Have about 30 minutes to an hr or "liquid" breaks at the stool.  Last time it was 5 or 6.  Feel pretty good after I am cleaned out.  Much of the pain that I had in my upper torso is not happening now.  Can still feel some pain if I lay down in my lower back.  Took only 1 pain pill since yesterday afternoon and that was just a little bit ago.  Really starting to drag……only took 2 of the 3 doses today.  I am behind 1 dose.  Don't plan on trying to make it up.  Will just try and get the "three" in today.  (3 doses = 1 gram).  Will not go to work this week.  Am concerned about keeping fluids in me.  

have tried to consume the medicine by itself and with something else.  No easy was to get it down.  I really like to consume it quickly rather than have it linger in my mouth.

up till this week I had been bowling twice a week.  Gonna give it up for a while….not enough strength and to tired.

wife is having a hard time deciding whether she can physically see it gone.    I can't "see" that it is gone but I sure can tell that something is missing cause the pain is gone from my chest and sides.  I only really feel it in my lower back down by my right kidney.  I am thinking that may be where it started.  Pure speculation on my part.  

I can remember at night when I would wake up with pain…I would sit up on the edge of the bed, feet hanging down, and holding my head down.  This would release any pain that I had in my upper torso…….I don't have to do "that" to that extend any more.  Looking back on what I have done, it seems like when I had the 1 gram speed things started to pick up.

Any body ever experience the death of a tumor?  Is this what usually happens?  I can definitely pick up the scent of the medicine when I do have a healthily bowl movement.  This sure is some amazing stuff!  Would really like to know the size of this tumor right now.  Can you imagine the look on the doctor's face when he is expecting to see a 10 lb tumor and nothing shows up on the ct scan…lol

7. most docs will see dollar signs flying out the window when the patient heals themselves with natural plants. when you see the doc smile because you are well then hug that doctors neck!!

8. #48 drifter106, Sep 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 22, 2014
    when I posted the last post it was 5 am monday sept 22nd.  I went to bed and slept till noon today.  woke up 4 or 5 times to go to the stool.  Only real pain i have is when I lay on my back in bed. I can lay on it and when I wake up from a short sleep it lets me know.  I can sit up for a few minutes and the pain subsides.  I only took 2 of the 3 cannabis doses yesterday.  I don't plan on trying to make it up.  just took 1 of 3 for today.  will wait and see how it goes whether or not I take 3, probably just 2.  weight is starting to be a concern.  weigh 165 this morning.  Aug 7th when I saw the oncologist for the first time I weighed 171. weight before my knee replacement surgeries was around 210 to 215.   its a challenge to keep the fluids in as well as eating.  nothing is very attractive.  thinking maybe I should use the vap  pen or vaporizer to help with the appetite.

Still am having the stool movements this afternoon….not as intense

have been using a patch (bustran) for pain..it releases 10 cmg per hr.  changed that this morning, they are good for 1 week.  My daughter in law who is a nurse at a hospital had a guy come in last summer.  He decided to scrap the pad of one of these and he then shot it up.  killed him…. crazy people looking for a high.  put the pad on my lower right back.  hope it helps like a topical solution would…will see.

right now…feels like i had a night on the town last night cept i don't have any headache.  tired, washed out….just don't have the munchies….lol

one thing i did notice this morning while taking the cannabis.  it was made last week and has been out in the air.  its consistency  and the ability to take it were easier today.  it is obvious that it has lost some moisture and it was a lot easier to consume.  went down real well this time, didn't stick to my mouth, kinda went down like a pill would.

Try getting a bit of cream cheese and flatten it into a tinyl bowl. Drop the bit of oil you want to consume into that bowl and fold it up. Plop it into your mouth and swallow before the oil leaks out. Another way, which we use for our dog who has lymphoma, is to get a pack of those empty gelatin capsules from the health food store and put the drops of oil in there. The time to feel the effects are much longer, but if you already have a schedule, it'll just shift the effects to a later time

10. We mixed weed oil with organic hemp oil.  Pretty tasty.  We chose a mix of 10 part hemp to 1 part cannabis, but any ratio would work.  We are using it as a sleeping aid and for general health.

11. the terpenes and volatile oils from vaping should activate the hunger response. the last couple of times I had an edible brownie I ate the entire kitchen almost as everything was candidate for getting consumed voraciously :)

12. #52 drifter106, Sep 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 23, 2014
    only took 1/3 of a gram yesterday.taking in water and food is really a challenge.  ate a bowl of ceral this morning.  I know i am dehydrating so I am really concentrating on the water. took a hydrocodone last night…it helped me sleep.

this diarrhea thing…is it part of the solution?  I have had it for over a week now.  i could tell last night that the tumor is still there, although it doesn't feel as "significant" as what it did 3 weeks ago.went out yesterday for a couple of hrs.  came back in and slept

yesterday was probably the worst day that I have had…nausea, hard to eat and drink…guess this would be true with chemo too.

emotionally, starting to take a toll.

stomach very sensitive…

took a zophran….world of difference, feel much better!!!

13. No surprise that you're feeling emotional. Just the uncertainty about whether you're taking the correct approach must be stressful; not to mention the stress caused by the disease and its treatment. Perhaps your stomach issue is a good sign, like that the tumor is dying. 

14. finally getting over whatever I had…that zophran pill really helped.  Don't have diarrhea like I had the past few days.  I wonder if I flushed out much of the cannabis oil?  In actuality, I think i gave this viral infection to my son and he went to the doctor for some relief.  I didn't go to the doctor thinking it was part of the reaction to what I am doing for the cancer.  Just glad its over.

Went back to the 3 doses/1 gram.  Using the vapor pen to encourage food consumption.  Have been up and around, may go to work thur or fri…haven't really noticed a change in the pain.  Still taking 2 hydrocodone ever 24 hrs.  Have lost 8 lbs since my first weigh in at the cancer clinic Aug 21st.

Hopefully since this stomach thing has subsided I can stay on track with the medicine.

15. not sure if it has been mentioned here but use lemon juice(fresh squeeze) and baking soda to help with your stomach. should calm it and add alkalinity if that is what you need. depending if you are acid or alkaline start out with test amount of juice and maybe use litmus test to see if you are alkaline or acid... 

16. Phew! Man! I was starting to really worry! I've never heard of anyone having the stomach problems you did, and I'm glad it wasn't part of the treatment! I can def understand how the stomach, in a compromised state might not take too kindly to grams of oil!

Ok, maybe a mask is something to consider, at least in public, until you finish? Your body has spent a lot of time healing a lot of things...  And DEFINITELY use the pen to boost appetite -don't wait until it's the last resort!  Not that it may have helped in this instance, but, for future reference. 

If the oil is difficult to take, one, you're sure it's totally purged? Sounds like it may have had some water in there. What are you using as a solvent? If that's not it, it may be the terpenes from the plant -I def agree with using capsules if it's uncomfortable or difficult to take.

17. #57 drifter106, Sep 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2014
    we used everclear

today was much better…took a gram in 3 sessions

starting to get gas again….loose stools again

if i take it a 6:00 it usually takes about 2 hrs before I start seeing something from the oil working

only took 1 hydro today…thought about taking one now before bed but I really think i can go without it..will try without it…really think i will sleep good tonight with 1 gram in me for the day

going to try to go to work tomorrow in the pm

gaining weight back…up to 164.50 but i am eating solid foods, bacon tomato sandwich, tomato soup

still eating the protein "floats" in the morning for protein (use coconut oil)

pain in back is still there….but different (if that makes sense) i just know that its getting better..lol

18. mmmm Bacon tomato sandwich....   Be careful as you get back to it. Especially if you notice your stomach getting a bit iffy. 

Everclear is good, but it is only 95% so, you may have some residue in the oil; if it's oily, and you find it's easier to eat after a bit more drying out, maybe try and get the batches done with enough time to air out before you need it? That 5% of water could take awhile to evaporate completely.   

Also, just an fyi, if you're eating your floats before work, and medicating, you may be experiencing a little extra euphoria around that time because the coconut oil acts as a carrier for the cannabis, basically amplifying its effects. Just a heads up. Not necessarily a bad thing ;) depending, of course. 

Two hours is pretty normal for people before anything hits them, especially if it's not being mixed with anything.

Pain being there but different? ABSOLUTELY makes sense. I usually tell people who medicate for certain types of pain that cannabis won't "get rid of it" but that they may experience their pain actually becoming more acute, and less of a radiating type of pain. Usually that means the body is focusing healing on that area. Like an itchy scab ;) 

19. very sound sleep last night

back on the 1 gram per day dosage (break the gram into 3 dosages)

diarrhea is back, usually takes an hr or so before it sets in

have noticed that I have regained strength in my right leg (went to family doctor yesterday and he said it was probably due to the fact that pressure has been taken off the psychotic nerve) (sp) just know that I have more strength 

walking, getting up from a sitting position, bending over and picking something up, all these activities are a lot easier to do

heres what I have been doing to swallow the "tar pill": tear off a small portion of bread (not the crust) and place cannabis oil on the bread and fold it up into a small ball
    swallow it like a pill and wash it down with water….i have been lucky and avoided the taste so far….i know sounds crazy but it beats having that stuff stuck to the roof of your mouth…lol

20. #60 drifter106, Sep 27, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 27, 2014