san pedro from home depot

Discussion in 'General' started by ziggyshugenadz, Jun 27, 2006.

1. ok so i went to home depot today and saw 3 fatty ass san pedro cactuses for sale. there is a 3 footer 2 1/2 footer and 2 footer in one pot for 45 bucks. i did some research and searching and i found out that the potency can vary greatly. does anyone have experience buying san pedros from home depot or a nursery? if so does the potency vary? i just dont want to drop 50 bills for a bunch of bunk cactus. also is this a good deal? thanks to anyone who helps.:smoking:

2. i would imagine that as long as you treat them the way cactus like to be treated, then you can't go wrong.
    erowid probably has some good tips on cactus care.

*edit* though...you were asking about potency. You should buy them, eat a few buttons to test the potency, and if they're not very potent, look up some good tips on san pedro cultivation. Then you can take care of it so that the next buttons are more potent.

3. San pedro doesnt have buttong.

You need like a 3 foot cutting to trip.

4. My mistake

5. I've been doing research, because I want to buy some as well.

Erowid has a good guide on dosage and prep of the raw cactus... and it's potency compared to Peyote and whatnot.

I want some mescaline so bad!!

P.S. - you don't necessarily need a "three foot cutting".

6. you need a 3 foot cutting....................... if you want 6 people to trip. and thats if the diameter is approx 3" which is average.

do some research before you post this kind of info. One person eating 3 feet of san pedro has the potential to be really really bad.

http://www.lycaeum.org/drugs/Phenethylamines/Mescaline/cactus.growers.guide

or the mescaline vault in erowid.

potency varies, but its a widely held belief that the more the cactus is mistreated, the more potent it becomes. When grown in its optimal conditions, the cactus will grow taller and faster, however it will not produce much mescaline. Many growers will leave their cacti without any care for a year prior to ingestion.