san pedro cactus

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by sayyeah, Nov 19, 2009.

1. i ordered a rooted san pedro cactus and it's arriving friday. 20-24 inches tall. i'm so psyched! i've wanted one since this summer and finally got around to ordering it. i don't know if i'll ever actually extract mescaline from it, but i really like just the fact that i'll have a mescaline cactus.

also, cacti are my favorite plant, and a san pedro is a damn good looking cactus.

my boyfriend and i decided it needed a very non-hispanic name, so we're naming it jean babtiste point du sable, after the first permanent settler in chicago.

i'm in the middle of a hunt/waiting game for acid, so this is making everything a little better.

2. i want to have a garden of poppies and coca plants. you should put up some pics when you get it

3. AFAIK san pedro is a relatively quick growing cactus, but it still seems like it will grow really slowly...

ive tried it, but it was weak cuz the way I prepared it. check simple alcohol extractions. seems fairly easy and efficient compared to other mesc extractions

4. here's jean babtiste point du sable!

[​IMG]

there are some cut parts at the top where i cut off the rotting cactus bits...i hope it heals well and stays healthy. it was supposed to be a 20-24 inch cactus, but it's 30 inches! and i had that mini sombrero laying around, totally couldn't resist putting it on the cactus.

5. #5 damncrazylegs, Nov 29, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 29, 2009
    i love the little hat on it, thats awesome.

ive been thinkin of ordering some san pedro, not the live plant but the cuttings

the hat reminds me, i gotta find a sombrero for snowboarding this year

6. Awwwww! That's the cutest fucking thing I've ever seen in my whole life.

+rep

7. I had to wait along time before i could get a grow setup that i could harvest once a year or every two, I now have 3 groups, and i stagger the harvest between them, letting them get to 3+ years old before I cut a few of the main Growths.
    The remaining parts of the cactus (they like to grow in groups of 4-5) I'll chop or collapse, so theyll create more babys.

I've tried making clones with root strike powder, and with clonex gel, neither worked. It seems the cactii just want to lay down on the ground before they devide up.

I'd love to be able to clone them and get a hundred growths going instead of just a dozen, but i seem to be better at growing Pot than Cactus.

San_pedro.jpg
    Heres a Group I'm going to harvest In a month, at the bottom left corner of the picture you can see one growth that had fallen natuarally, Its rotted and come away from the main growths now, so it should start taking root sooner or later.

I just boil mine up and make a broth. I don't add anything else to it, and I've found this has allways worked for me.

8. there is a large peruvian torch (25-30ft) in my town. i cut off about 6 ft of material to do extractions with and also a small node of new growth that i cloned. hopefully it's rooting right now.