San Pedro Cacti...mescaline

Discussion in 'General' started by TXweed, Oct 17, 2004.

1. Some time ago my friends and i bought a san pedro cactus from home depot with the intention of hacking it up boiling it down and drink a cup of the most god awful green sludge in order to tripp balls like none other.
    it didnt work. well we finally ascertained that it was a low dose of mescaline...weak san pedro. we highly researched the process on how to prepare the cactus, ingest and so on, but still were disappointed with the final result for all the trouble.
    However recently i was in a head shop here in arizona and the guy suggested that the more potent/right kind of san pedro grows at higher elevation and would be hard to find a good hearty one that will make you see weird shit for a day at a time at places like home depot. i dont know if the guy is full of shit or has a point going. any thoughts? have many of you tried this and what has you experience been, have you bought cactus at the store or hacked one down yourself?

2. You do know you need about a 12 inch cut of the san pedro so trip right?

3. Well when we hacked up the cacti, i would say it equated to about 9 or 10" per person, but still even though this was under a foot i would have expected alot more intese feeling...maybe something like a 2g shroom trip or more, but no. it felt like we were really high, things were more intese; had a kind of energy, things were vibrating a little and we found ourselfs easily amused and laughing alot. we had a great time even though we didnt trip, it was like 'well maybe it will set in at any momement' but it never did.
    thoughts?

4. was it alot of work preparing it?
    doesnt sound like you had a badddd time

5. ^yeah. how much did the thing cost? and assuming that it tasted really bad based on what you said, would you say it was worth it? if so, i would try it if i got the chance.

6. its a chore preparing it. you have to skin the cactus...be sure to wear gloves do to the spines, duh. then you have to chop it up into manageable pieces and separate the good part from the center core of the cactus which you discard. blend it up in a blender, boil and strain out the pulp which takes a while and finally refine it down to a drinkable sludge. it tastes like really bitter cucumbers. we used OJ and grapefruit juice to wash it down and kill some of the taste.
    this whole process would be well worth it if we actually tripped balls for like 8 to 12 hours, but we didnt...so im kinda skeptical about trying it again, i dont want to go through all that shit for nothing and have to drink that awful green slime...that was the worst.

7. i think it was like 40 bucks. 3 cactus stalks all about 18" to 24".