Samung Quantum Light

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by FranzAlbeck, Oct 19, 2018.

?

Would u be interested? 400w actual power draw to 800w

1. Yes

75.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I would like it even if its 200$+?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. I would like it even if its 300$+?

25.0%
  5. I would like it even if its 400$+?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. I would like it even if its 500$+?

50.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. I thought they were starting retail is $300-$400. Now it's $500. That was a quick price jump. But, I'm sending you a p.m.

2. Sent you a pm earlier.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. It's still under production, so sale price isnt yet discussed, i will enclose to you we could sell them at 300 outide EU, but this is why i wrote 300-400**+**

4. Ah. Thank you. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

5. Many of us currently grow with those diodes and yes they can do 2g/watt in a complete expert growers hands with a good high yield strain. More like 1g/watt-1.5g/watt is average.

Still confused on actual watt output. Your ppfd chart doesn't have dimensions of the size area they are measuring in. Sort of important.

The numbers are all old hat. The output of the Samsung 561c diode is well known. What people would want to know is what wall draw wattage they are getting for the price that will cover what size area for bloom?

6. this is painful to watch...

• Like Like x 1
  7. Not trying to be negative but I just put this together with samsung 301b diodes for about $295. It's 325 watts draw at the wall. I could run them with a 480 watt driver if I wanted the same boards but I just don't need that much power.

That's about .90 cents a watt of power output. That's what you're competing with.

Looking at the recent life cycle of new diodes we should have a new offering from Samsung by this spring. The 301b has been out a while even in the modern turn over of new designs.
    IMG_1093.JPG IMG_1094.JPG

If I was putting out a new light fixture and trying to get people to switch to my stuff I would attempt to offer something other people aren't. I'm just not seeing what that exactly is.

People would love to see a reasonably priced led fixture with a vented exhaust fan attachment like HPS lights. Not many of those around. People would love to see a fixture that had included far reds and the capacity to time them for the end of the day at flower cycle. Perhaps emerson effect lights as well? People are currently adding those as side lighting to their garden if you included stuff like that. That would give people a reason to choose your brand.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Just so you know. $500 does not scare this crowd if it can cover a 4x4. That's cheaper then most stuff that you can click the order button on that coveres a 4x4 and uses similar quality components.

Personally I don't see it being that cheap with blue tooth control. It probably won't cover a 4x4 for $500 with meanwell drivers and samsung leds. Looks like a spendy case and frame you have them in too. My guess would be $600-700 for something in the 550 watt range for covering a 4x4 in bloom.

9. I don't want to give all my ideas away but in my opinion the future of led grow lights is going to be custom made component type lighting where the customer tells the light builder what size area they want to cover and what their budget is. The light builder tells them what diodes they can afford with that. If they want the newest stuff out it's going to cost a little more. If you want to save some money we can build with last years boards. You can build lights for different purposes like veg and bloom with a wider distribution of less leds for veg.

It's going the the way custom gaming computers went. It's way cheaper to build your own. A new video card is always coming out or a new processor. Same with LED. The commercial companies won't have that new diode for 6 months or so until they are able to engineer a fixture and get it UL approved/on the market. The kit builders will get new diodes as soon as they come out and so will constantly be 6 months ahead of the market in performance.

• Like Like x 2
  10. This fool is just reselling lights, scam.

11. I feel bad for the harsh responses. The guy is just trying to live the dream but sort of uninformed posts. I don't think he knew how much knowledge is out there about these Samsung leds.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Look I wasn't trying to be mean what so ever. Like I said it could be language barrier or what not or whatever the corsair he mentioned. When I look at the PDF files and half of the words are misspelled I cannot take a $500 leap of faith no way now how. I wish you the best of luck. But it seems there's no real way to outdo DIY prices especially with the simplicity behind it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Yeah, I agree in a way. I was comparing it to custom building computers which I've done my share of.

Lets be real. It's a light. You supply the correct power to it and turn it on. You connect it to a timer. It's not a moon rocket. It's not exactly hard for anyone to DIY. It consists of a power supply and a light creating element. Most don't even have an on/off switch on them used at all since we all use timers.

14. That's a damn good point. Mine just has a plug.

I just wanted to make my intentions clear though I wasn't trying to be a dick.

• Like Like x 1
  15. #55 FranzAlbeck, Oct 23, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2018
    Almost Everything can be cotumized, but delivery time will be longer. 400 watt power draw at wall is about 4-500$, par lumen and sizes quoted in early post.

I know this forum knows alot more about this than i do, so i got some real opinions.
    However we target the average user, not only the high end. But aiming at the high end, gives awesome product for the average user.

I see it's to outdated for you, i'm sorry.
    We dont have a market in the US, getting the feeling we wont.

All your critics noted,

Wish you a wonderfull day Sir

• Like Like x 1
  16. I wouldn't say that is the case. There are several old technology blurple led manufacturers with a heavy u.s. presence. Mars Hydro and Viparspectra to name a couple. Now, they are only pulling roughly 130w at the wall for a so called 300w. They are under $100. Now, some people buy several of them to provide enough light coverage for their area. I know the Leds you are using may not be the #1 led, but it is damned good. And would totally smash the performance of the blurple leds. But if someone isn't wanting to go the DIY route, but yet still want a quality high performance light, without totally killing their bank account, yours may fit the bill for many growers.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. File names look sketchy. Big long jumbled names looks like you downloaded it and you're trying to broker a light from someone else haha. They're called trading companies. Also the encapsulation over the LEDs was bubbly. Assembly technique is a complete rip-off of spyder and there are a couple companies out here doing this. Probably no UL/ETL? After all that negativity, if specs are right could actually be a decent light. I like all the bars with a lot of LEDs but worries me that they won't be top bin to meet that price point. Bait and switch if you will.

Anyways interesting light for the price point. I'll stay tuned :metal: