Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Salve Line Up :)

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Purple16, Nov 8, 2018.

1. Check this out! So excited to have made my first batch of salves using essential oils. I used stems, buds, trim and roots for this concoction as well as coconut oil, beeswax and vitamin E.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  2. Very nice and professional appearance. Good job! I'm sure they're awesome to use.

• Like Like x 2
  3. #4 WeedCat, Nov 8, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2018
    Don't forget to try it on basal cell cancers when they first appear on the skin. You may not know what that looks like but talk to someone who gets them frequently like California surfers or anyone that works outdoors daily. See if your neighbors and friends get relief from it. Gift it only as you may fall in to legal problems with your state's law unless you're licensed to sale. I've been giving it away for years and I'm seriously thinking about starting a legal biz here in my home town.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Yes unfortunately my State only allows hemp cbd

5. Can you tell me about hemp salves? Do they work on pain? I like the dark jars you used. I haven't actually tried them. I've taken hemp oil and it made my body feel uber-relaxed. I was still walking around but it I can see why people might like it over a cocktail after work. But now you have me interested in the salves.

6. Well mine are not hemp ;). It is my first time making anything like this and I just got into growing. My husband has some pretty severe hip issues and pain so we are just testing out to see if it works for him!

7. Oh! Well, I hope he gets some good relief. It seems the stronger I make mine, the more relief people get. Let us know how it goes!

• Like Like x 1
  8. So I have no idea if it is coincidence or what. But I had some pretty severe jaw pain..probably TMJ associated. Well anyway, rubbed some of that salve on all the areas that hurt 1 night and the next morning and the pain is completely gone. Magic? Timing? I don't know, but I'm thinking it worked :)

• Like Like x 1
  9. That is fantastic Purple16!

I thought I broke my toes on an ice chipper. Hobbled in the snow to the house. Rubbed it on my messed up toes and pain completely gone by morning. Yes, the stuff works exceptionally well. It's a pretty exciting discovery don't you think?

10. Yes! I'm amazed if it is a result of the salve. Considering I didnt take anything else I dont know what else to credit!

11. All you have to do is start giving little samples out to friends with arthritis, psoriasis, muscle pain, basal cell cancer (beginning stage) any flaky skin condition, bruising, or anything from inflammation and watch them come back with the responses. I make it for free for friends and family and I can't keep it stocked.

• Like Like x 1
  12. #13 Catintheshop, Dec 19, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2018
    Purple16 not intending to hijack your thread but this one was the most recent/active thread discussing topical salves - so I thought you wouldn't mind my sharing my recent experience - as described in the next post.

We are both new to concocting cannabis salves. I share your enthusiasm. Hey - have you tasted yours? :rolleyes: :wave:

cat

13. #14 Catintheshop, Dec 19, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2018
    I made up a batch of salve this weekend with coconut oil, jojoba oil, and a few EOs, plus of course some cannabis popcorn buds. Started out with 10oz of oil and ended up with just a bit above 9oz after my very thorough straining/squeezing of all the grass from the oil. Ended up using 40 grams of buds/trim, decarbed, because this batch wasn't my keeper batch and I didn't want to mix it with my better buds dedicated to making tinctures in the near future.

As I wrote to PSam - "I ended up with 2 very nice 4oz+ batches of green stuff. Smells great and applies nicely and seems to last on the skin without being greasy. All good. Remains to be felt if there is any easing of aches and pains but it makes a nice skin conditioner. I tasted a 1/4 of a teaspoon (why not, all edible ingredients) and I got a little buzz. We are good for now, though if it seems not to be effective in the end, I will likely not making hand conditioner with cannabis next time." This was written about 5 PM last night - and then the rest of the story...

MORE ON THIS "little buzz" thing I thought would be fun to share -

I actually melted down a bit of my salve - about the size of a q-tip swab cotton tip, no bigger (really less than a 1/4 teaspoon) into a 1/2 cup of warm coffee. :coffee: I knew I would want to swill it down - the taste was not palatable, though the fragrance is nice. This was the end of my work day so I went and sat quietly until my wife returned home from her work. Within 2 hours I realized that I was definitely feeling the buzz. No big shakes but noticeable. An hour later - I casually remembered to rub the salve onto my right calf which has some pain issues and a big impetus for making the salve. Since Sunday afternoon I have been liberal with applying the salve to my leg 2 or 3 times each day.

Re-cap - q-tip size taste at 4PM, liberal leg rub at 7PM. In the between, a little buzz building. Well by 9PM I was full throttle buzzing for a takeoff. :pimp: I realized that the salve was truly more than a topical skin cream. It was getting into my blood stream and kicking in hard on top of the ingested balm. (I don't think that the ingested bit had the effect I was experiencing. I can only assume that it was adding the skin rub to the mix that opened up the throttle). I had to go to bed. :confused: :mellow: 4 hours later I was a bit more subdued but still in the clouds. I guess my 40 grams to 10 oz was potent :D but I'm glad to get evidence that it does have some penetration, bodes well for the curing capabilities. Still, I might back off on the buds a bit next time. ;)

cat

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. UPDATE - my good friend - the real pot head from the 60s and onward , professional chef and budding cannabis chemist - reports that there is no way in hell that my salve got me buzzed. o_O I insisted that my little q-tip size gob of salve ingested at 4 could not have given me a full jolt high at 9PM that eased off through 'till about 1 AM. He insisted that adding some salve to my leg at 7 had no additional effect to the little buzz I was experiencing at 6 - let alone pushed me over the top at 9. :confused:

So what happened? :confusedalt: He speculates that - ultra light weight newbie unstoner me - was hit again at 9 when I drank my cup of tea that finished off the melting of the bees wax /coconut oil salve in my system and pushed the THC to the front. No other way could the THC have entered my bloodstream via the salve - says he.

FYI - the buds in my salve were decarboxylated, there was 40 grams to 10 oz of coconut oil and 1 oz of Jajoba oil, 1 taplespoon of lecithin and some drops of EOs. I finished up with a full 9oz of infused oil. That's it.

Any comments or alternate theories???

Cheers,

cat

15. Well, funny thing happened to a zero tolerance friend of mine. I had made some canna vodka from fan leaves of a THC rich plant. (My friends have - at least until now - refused to taste it!)

Anyway, I evaporated some of it and started testing the stuff for pain relief in a form of patches. Tested on myself for 48 hours and it took my back pain away (2 applications of 1ml)

So the other night I applied 0.5ml of the stuff on my friend's elbow - and he got high, big man giggling like a little girl. So what happened? The alcohol left in the tincture helped it to go to his blood stream?