Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Saltpeter/Potassium Nitrate/KNO3 in Weed?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Pyrokwah, Jan 24, 2011.

1. I am in an advanced chem class at my school and managed to get some saltpeter. I was gonna use it for a smoke bomb, but I just read that it's used in some cig's because it helps the ciggerate to burn slower. I was wondering if it would be safe to mix some in with my weed and if so, in what proportions?

2. I'm no chemist, but this just seems like a bad idea. That said, go for it and let us know how it turns out!

3. Saltpeter is an oxidizer, no?

What do you think is going to happen if you set it on fire?

4. I know. It's used in fireworks and even is the main ingredient for black powder, but, with a citation, wikipedia says "Potassium nitrate is an efficient oxidizer, which produces a lilac flame upon burning due to the presence of potassium. It is therefore used in amateur rocket propellants and in several fireworks such as smoke bombs.[7] It is also added to pre-rolled cigarettes to maintain an even burn of the tobacco.[8]"

5. First of all: Before you put anything in your bud, I'd find a source more reliable than Wikipedia.
    Second of all: I hope you decide to do it if you determine it's safe, because lighting your bowl with a lilac flame would be sick.

6. Rat poison is another thing they put in cigarettes. You could put that in there also

7. ahahahaha

8. Radiated fertilizer is added to tobacco fields to add flavour. You want some flavourful weed?

9. while i can appreciate where your heart and brain is at, i think adding a bunch of chemicals to your weed is probably gonna cause more problems than what your trying to solve. Is the only goal here a slower burning J or blunt or whatever or did i miss something ?

10. saltpeter is what they give inmates to keep their dick soft...