What’s wrong here?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by RyanAARaze, Jul 4, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Can anyone ID what’s going on with this strain? All clones are veg and other strains with it are healthy and luscious - the issue is unique to three plants all the same Salmon River strain.

Attached Files:

2. #2 ~BobMarley~, Jul 4, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2020
    The others are healthy for now, you have a spider mite issue.
    In blue: you can see the fine silk / webbing which if not stopped will cover your whole plant until its devoured, the spots all over your leaves are actually holes and the mites are sucking the juices out..
    In red: you can almost see something in the web.. I'm sure if you use anything above x15 magnification and a good light and look under the leaves and in the webs you'll see eggs and mites.
    Screenshot_20200703-233747_Chrome.jpg

Here's a picture of a spider mite up close.. and another picture of some eggs.
    2020-06-22-133829.jpg
    2020-06-22-132235.jpg
    (These pictures are actually from my plants a while ago) I treated them and they're now on there last weeks till harvest..
    20200630_211825.jpg

Depending on what stage your plants in, veg/flower.. you can use certain remedies for curing the issue unless your plants gone too far. But its ALWAYS worth a try in my opinion.
    Look into neem oil/ azamax/ I personally used 3in1 miticide and insecticidal soap.. worked great
    Theirs plenty of others.. google is a wonderful thing.

Note* be sure to use different remedies as mites build tolerance very easily to ANY spray.

And they float/fly on a breeze so even if you think your others dont have it, they probably do. Check and treat them all the same. I ALWAYS do.

Best of luck
    &
    Happy growings.

3. Thing is the webs are on his leaves..
    The first picture I posted was OP picture..
    I just zoomed it in abit
    Webs = spider mites.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Then again theirs a possiblity that he has both.

5. #5 Vee, Jul 4, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2020
    asm.jpg
    I stand corrected yeah I see the webbings now, I have used Malethion back in the 1980's

it may be a cancer maker now but something stronger than Neem Oil is needed here

Cheers

ps keep the plant quarantined until clear IMO

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. #6 ~BobMarley~, Jul 4, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2020
    I wouldn't just quarentine one, I'd separate them all** personally** have a real good look. Some may, some others may not.. hell you might get lucky and they all dont*other then the one* but with the extent of how damaged those leaves are.. I doubt it.. by separating them all you ensure theirs no contact until you KNOW which ones do and do not.
    Everyone has they're own ways, that's what i personally would do.
    I use a x1000 HD endoscope for my regular bug check every 4-7 days *depending on schedule*
    I just set the scope to the underside of the leaf, adjust the magnification and run down every leaf ** the main vein specifically ** very slowly.. watching the live feed on my phone.. makes a 2 hr job with a jewlers loup to a 15 minute ordeal with 4 plants.
    Checking regularly has saved me infestation twice so far..
    20200704_171302.jpg
    Best of luck
    &
    Happy growings.

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. thanks- it’s definitely spider mites and have taken steps to isolate and treat the infestation, I wasn’t looking close enough thanks for the help! Always something fighting you or it would just be too easy!

Attached Files: