Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Saliva Drug Test

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by seabass, Mar 6, 2010.

1. I smoke occasionally and smoked a bowl about 2 days before taking a saliva drug test for a job. Should I be worried? I've heard that saliva tests are inaccurate and have heard various lengths of time for detection. Does anyone have the real facts?

2. 2 days ago?

sometimes i can still taste what i had to eat two days ago (yes i brush my teeth)

3. sooo your getting tested for salvia but not bud? and your worried that you'll test positive for marijuana? I wouldn't worry but why on earth are you getting test for salvia? that just seems odd

4. not salvia. the saliva test where they put a swab in your mouth and test for bud.

5. Unless you smoked that day I wouldn't even be bother by the thought. Detection time is only a few hours /w swabs.

6. i failed my saliva drug test and i smoked the night before.

surprise test and i wasnt prepared

7. I've heard detection time up to 24hrs. from a very low # of sources, but most reports in the 4-5hr. range. I can't actually say because I haven't had a swab, but glad you could give real world experience.

8. it might be totally different because im an all day every day type of smoker.

i was planning on getting my 3 days for a piss test and detox like i normally do and they surprised me with the saliva test.

i got that phone call from the lab asking what meds i took and told them nothing. the job later called me asking if i had any explanation and i just told them i smoke weed recreationally and if that was a problem then i dont want the job anyways.

9. i took one just recently and although they are unreliable, the people giving you the test wont think so. All i do is smoke the herb, i dont do any other drugs. I had smoked 2 days before the saliva test and i passed the swab test for thc in my system, but it said that i was positive for amphetamines. i would obviously not smoke if you know you have one coming up, but at the same time there isnt alot you can do unless you havent smoked in months. i took a urine test two days later and showed negative for everything. no thc and no amphetamines. best i can say is its up in the air. it varies man, sorry there is no definite answer.

10. I passed a saliva test at Costco after only a 2 day break.

11. saliva tests are easy to pass. 2 days is max if you are a heavy toker

12. Saliva tests only test for extremely recent use. Weed only lingers in the mouth for between 12 and 24 hours. You're good man.