Saito Daisuke - #28, #29, & #30 "Keith Haring" Marbles

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by GlassOtaku, Sep 6, 2012.

1. These brilliant marbles come to us today all the way from the land of the rising sun by way of GlassOrbits.com. Each of these three marbles features a stunning "flip disc" scene on the back. Drawn in each scene-scape is an illustration from famed artist Keith Haring.

Each marble can be separated into three sections each incorporating Daisuke's stunning and precise techniques, the first and most classically trademark to his style is the fume section. Topped by a brilliant Gillson Synthetic Opal Daisuke's precision when it comes to fuming is un-rivaled and is why he is so quickly risen to celebrity in the glass world.

The middle section is a stunning band of almost psychedelic colors and textures. Known as "pinwheeling" Daisuke creates symmetrical dots using colored glass and then "swirls" them into each other creating an effect that looks a lot like two galaxies colliding into one another.

The third and final section to get most excited about is the "flip disc" section. Never seen before by Daisuke he pulls off this hot new technique like he was born to. By using different shades of colored glass Daisuke painstakingly applies them onto a pane of glass... in reverse! surrounded by a few reversal millies Daisuke takes today's most innovative new techniques and combines them with his quintessential style in a way only Daisuke can.

We can't wait to see more from Saito Daisuke, if you are interested in these or would like to see more of his work please view the extensive catalog of his work on the GlassOrbits website. IgniteMe.co and GrassCity would like to thank GlassOrbits for the use of their photos.

#28 "Bat (X Man)"

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#29 "International Heart"

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#30 "Radiant Child"

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. absolutely amazing. i'd love to collect marbles like these, but i haven't the capital since im spending it all on buds xD

3. Holy lord! This is some well blown glass, understatement, but dam...

4. A collection could not be more wonderful. Vote for you

5. jaw has been dropped

yup definetly endeavouring glass next

6. These are amazing! Keith Haring is a favorite of mine as well, truly a unique tribute

7. WOW.. I keep saying that..I haven't seen anything like this!

8. I love the #28 "X Man"! :d