Saints row the third

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by Jaemercs, Nov 15, 2011.

1. #41 Elem3nt17, Nov 29, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 29, 2011
    It runs good on PC yes, it's a hardware beast if you turn on directx 10 & 11 and crank the settings up. The game makes my video card fan sound like a leaf blower, but it runs smooth. The controls dont feel broken like they did in Saints Row 2, if thats what you are wondering.

Core I5 3.4ghz
    MSI GTX 570
    16gb Gskill Ripjaw DDR3

2. every game about a criminal is considered a gta clone. just because a game has a similar concept doesnt mean its a clone but people dont realise that. the gameplay was completely different from gta and the story/side missions were completely different (mabye a bit similar to san andreas but not enough to the point where id call it a clone). i havent played 3 but i dont like the way the series has turned out. its like saying every war game is a medal of honor or call of duty clone or every turn based fantasy rpg if a final fantasy clone. doesnt work that way.

3. Saints Row was never meant to be a GTA clone. I've been playing since the first came out. The game is just over-the-top. It's not supposed to be realistic, Volition even said so themselves.

If you haven't tried The Third yet, and are hesitating because of prior Saints Row titles, just go play it. It's fantastic. I just beat the game last night and the missions are so much different and fun than the old games. The activities aren't even as bad and repetitive as they used to be.

Also, the leveling system in the game is sick. There's over a hundred upgrades, for weapons, health, sprint, etc. You name it they have it.

Oh, and this gun is fucking awesome.. Shoots fish guts on people and a fucking great white comes out of the ground

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mI4KGvbrAkU]Saints Row The Third Shark Gun Gameplay HD.mpg - YouTube[/ame]

4. #44 Elem3nt17, Nov 30, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2011
    You are arguing semantics here. You can say what you want but when Saints Row 1 dropped that was the impression people had. Saints Row 1 was not as outlandish as the last two, and it had a gangster style much like the older GTA's did. The creators of Saint's Row picked up on this and set themselves apart by going in the direction of outright ridiculousness.

That's not to say I enjoy this direction...I mean once dick and fart jokes cease to be funny(which they aren't), the game is just boring.

5. Have you played through the entire game, not just play around with the penetrater and fart in a jar? The game has a lot to offer. The missions are a blast

6. I just found out they charge to use there online service that's bullshit. I already pay for live I shouldn't have to pay to play a game online. Plus they don't even have real multiplayer just co-op. That's a rippoff to me.

7. [quote name='"Pathogenik"']I just found out they charge to use there online service that's bullshit. I already pay for live I shouldn't have to pay to play a game online. Plus they don't even have real multiplayer just co-op. That's a rippoff to me.[/quote]

Well...no. That's incorrect

8. what's incorrect? i just tried to play coop online yesterday with my friend and the game said i had to buy some online code or some shit to be able to play and my friend told me the same thing.

9. Ohhh my bad I know what you're talking about. Every game comes with a download code in the box though, but I guess you're fucked if you buy it used...

10. actually i just rented it but either way i woulda been screwed cuz i'm a cheap ass when it comes to games i always buy used. other than the online bs this game is fun as hell.

11. game is fun as hell, I don't know why GTA didn't try to do what they did

I mean within like the first 60 minutes you rob a bank, jump out of like 3 different helicopters, not to mention all the miniguns and grenade launchers and shit. man its fucking wild

Sure beats the hell out of bowling with your virtual girlfriend, haha :smoke: