Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Sailing with Weed

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by countzer0, Mar 7, 2012.

1. Purchasing my first sailboat and am planning a trip to the bahamas. Would love to bring some stash but dont want to end up in a third world jail!

Anyone have any experience with this. What are the odds of being stopped by customs. When entering port where is the best spot to put the contraband?

Just looking for some tips....

2. you got a cabin?

3. no tips, but I must say that does sound dope!!!! I've been sailing dozens of times but never with herb(didn't smoke at the time) and never sailed to a foriegn port. If you do go through with this, snap some pic's and post a thread when you get back. I'm sure Im not the only one who would be interested. peace and sail safe!!!!!

4. Just keep it to yourself, find a smell proof container and make sure it's 'hidden' I haven't seen your boat but I can tell you they are strict about tha down here. It's not the marijuana islands you think.

5. Take enough to make the trip, and then finish off what you have before going into port. Then score some weed once you are there for the return trip.

6. inside a life vest. or a lock box. or like, high up in your rigging. lol sorry man these probably aren't helpful, im high as phuck

7. I have never entered a foreign port while sailing, so I can't tell you much about that. But getting high while sailing is dope. I always enjoy hotboxing the cabin of my J120. I don't know if you heard of the Block Island Race Week, but last year me and a couple of friends would hotbox the cabin in the middle of the races... was awesome. If you're staying at a US harbor/port though you've got no worries.

LevV

8. sounds awesome hahaha :smoke:

9. There are innumerable places on a sailboat that can be opened with just a screwdriver. That's what I'd do for international afdairs

10. Thanks for everyones suggestions.

Yes i will have a cabin im getting a 42foot hunter.

Anyone with actual experience. I understand they are not 420 friendly and do plan to keep it on the dl. It is my understanding that entry @ certain ports will involve being boarded. @ other ports i make the trip to the customs office. Im looking for port advice etc. Seems to be a big no-no in the sailing community. Its a medicine for me.

11. if you dont bring weed with you then there isnt any point in going, i would make sure id have atleast a quater on me

12. Not to be rude, but I doubt there is a soul on this forum who could answer that question without guessing. Google would probably be better.

13. honestly man just do some reasearch on how to properly hide weed from dogs, then go for it. make sure its packaged in something that is fast sinking so you can possible pitch it overboard if needed.

sailing is great, but stay safe. i assume you already know how to sail well if ur buying a 42 footer. you might be alot better off making edibles and taking those, or a concentrate.

14. Extract your weed and make the best damn iso/bho oil you can but don't evaporate it fully. Using a needle and syringe poke a hole at the bottom on a coke/energy drink can, near the reinforced side. It takes a few tries and patience, but eventually you'll get through. Let all the crap leak out and insert a few syring fulls of water to clean it out. Then inject your THC oil/water solution. Apply a very very light coat of RTV sillicone on top of the hole. It should be barely visible. Once it is dry put the can in one of those cardboard 12 packs of pop and re-seal the cardboard using a gluegun. Hide the case somewhere a normal boater low on storage space might put regular items. Then wipe every surface of the boat down with chlorex wipes. Dogs can smell faint weed residues which can create unwanted suspicion.

Or you can just make brownies/cookies and hope to hell the guard doesen't help himself to a few bites.

15. Wait..a sail boat?

What an obvious boastful post.. Yeah this is GC, we have all the advice and tips about having luxurious sail boats...

16. Even if the customs officer/guard ate some, he wouldn't notice anything for 30 minutes or so ;)

17. Yeah, one of the few instances where having a powerboat gives you an advantage.

18. Won't let me edit me other post:/

Sailing is surprisingly cheap. You can buy a halfway decent costal cruiser for 5k. After sinking a few weekends and another 2k you're ready to go. And if you live on it, you don't have to pay rent ;)

19. Just because you don't have a sailboat doesn't mean you should knock this dude for having one. Yeah he is probably boasting a bit, but he's buying a fucking boat, that's awesome. I'd boast about it if I could afford it.

Also man, I imagine the customs etc wouldn't be too hellbent on finding small amounts of weed. If you stash it in an airtight, smellproof jar and make sure you smoke out on the deck so smell doesn't linger I'd IMAGINE you'd be okay...but yeah I don't have any experience, I just wanted to post because sailboats are badass :D

20. Dude are you serious?

Vast amounts of people own boats. What an ignorant post.

OT: OP make brownies man. It's perfect for said adventure. You'll get to stay medicated longer without worries of authority. If you still want to take this risk i suggest joints and a lockbox of some sort hidden inside a compartment.