Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Saftey or No Saftey?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by reefermadness11, Aug 1, 2010.

1. to me, ahving saftey on a lighter is so damn annoying. i can never get it to light, so smoking takes forever. what about all of you guys?

2. deff agree with you. hate the safety although it still isnt hard to light the lighter, it just gets annoying

3. Yea man safety off, although it's not like I can't work a lighter with one on it..

4. Off is better, but with it on it takes me about 3 flicks to get that flame going usually.

5. just lit up last night and we used a lighter with saftey.
    it was fine meh i dont really care but i would prefer no saftey.
    what does it protect you from?

6. Im pretty sure that they are there so that if a child were to get a hold of it they wouldn't be able to light it. As their fingers are not as strong as an adults. I actually knew a guy that lit himself on fire by accident when he was 5 or so and this happened before the safeties were put on.

But I always bust the safeties off since I don't have children. And If I'm going to visit my nephews I use a lighter with a safety.

7. i prefer no safety but if you take it off then fluid leaks out so if you notice your lighter dying thats why. But i mean lighters are like a dollar so its not really somethin to worry about.

8. Safety always off.

9. It's the first thing I do when I get a new one, besides you can't make a long line of sparks on your pant with it on.

10. I really don't have a preference, but it starts to hurt my thumb after awhile if I keep using a lighter with a safety so I usually end up taking them off.

11. safety off, unless you got lil kids running around, theres really no need for a safety, they just get annoying