Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Safi Cloths

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Col. Forbin, Feb 9, 2009.

1. Does anyone know anything about the Safi cloths used on chillums? Wikipedia has no mention of these, and googling it turned up nothing except that you are supposed to 'wet' it before loading the bowl. :confused:

2. What is it? Or is that what you are trying to find out?

3. Same question - What is it? I did a quick search and found that Safi is a city on Morocco.

4. all i know is that it's a cloth on a chillum. I'm assuming it's tied, and in the only pictures i've seen of it it was red.

5. I think i know what he's talking about its a piece of cloth tied to the middle of the chillum to help keep a good seal you know smoking it with your hands instead of putting it to your lips.

I think....

and my guess is that you would want it dry?

6. oh so its purely functional? i had thought there was some spiritual or religious reasons for it, but i was just guessing so what do i know?:D

7. I'm not sure on the spiritual/ religious part maybe some one could enlighten us but my guess is just to help with the seal of your hands and the bowl.

8. #8 Col. Forbin, Feb 9, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2009
    that's a good theory, probably right, but i'm almost positive it is supposed to be wet

I'm surprised that there is such a lack of knowledge about the chillum, not only on this forum, but on the internet in general.... it would be amazing if someone with some firsthand knowledge about these things could enlighten the world.

9. Its just a little cloth that you hold at the end of the chillum to keep ash from getting in your mouth. Its generally moistened but the wetter it is, the harder it will be to pull air through.

You can see it in this video. Its that little red cloth.
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EzMjbP3248"]YouTube - Babas smoking chillum[/ame]

Here is some good chillum information. Pages 3,4,5 are all about chillums and i think they talk about safi cloths on page 4.

http://www.roadjunky.com/guide/840/chillum-guide-india