Safety Question

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Bongratheon, Sep 4, 2012.

1. So my landlord is growing indoors and I discovered it. It's very close to my entrance to my apartment. I've read where indoor growing can cause fires. How can I make sure that they have the most safe setup going just so I can make sure they are not doing anything stupid to burn my apartment down? I would prefer not having to speak to them about it. I really have no experience with cultivation so are there certain lighting systems that I should worry about them having?

They have a wooden cabinet and with the heat from the bulbs and I'm a little concerned if it gets too hot it may start a fire....which would then start a huge house fire since its near chemicals.

Attached is what the bulbs look like (not the actual pic)

Attached Files:

2. #2 Aplus, Sep 4, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2012
    you found this grow, already the landlord lacks the knowledge of making his/her grow hidden.It's possible lights can cause fire hazards if only the setup is poorly constructed (possibly)..it would have to be monitored with it being an indoor grow so keep an eye out to be sure of this.ofc if it isnt, then you need to take precaution..the chem. on the other hand is a different story.maybe some other people can throw you some advice on this.

3. lol, sounds to me like you have some concerns about "your" grow, and are using the third person approach! just tell your "landlord," to come to this forum, and do some reading.

4. No. If these were my plants, I wouldn't be asking this question.

Regardless, could the bulbs get hot enough where it could start a fire with the cabinet?