Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Safety of Craigslist?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by MrGoatington, Mar 25, 2014.

1. #1 MrGoatington, Mar 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2014
    So I'm just curious how bad craigslist could really be to get weed off of. Seems like there's really minimal risk to it. Find one person that seems legit, message them, plan to buy a small amount initially, wait to see/handle the weed before taking money out, pay, and that's it.

The reason craigslist isn't ideal is the risk of one of the people being a cop or something, that's why someone would avoid it, so as long as you're using some common sense, and do what I mentioned, there shouldn't be much issue right?

It's really unlikely a cop is trying to sell weed on craigslist in the first place, then you have to be unlucky enough to pick the cop's ad, and then unlucky enough that the cop presents real weed, and then arrests you after you buy it... which is entrapment a legitimate sting operation... but not going to be setup to catch someone buying a mere few grams.

So, realistically craigslist should be a pretty safe place to buy weed/find a guy right?

2. not really, i wouldnt call craigslist safe or dependable to find a hookup. it depends where you live though.

3. Ive used craigslist multiple times, and I usually find a pretty consistent dealer too. Make sure you screen every email/text carefully to make sure its the real deal. Whenever its a legit dealer they will hand you the bud first so you can make a quick inspection.

I have both responded to a posting and created my own, but 95% of the bud posting are from desperate dealers so you really need to be careful.
    I always meet in a public place, like a parking lot. I live in oregon though so its very lowkey here.

The weirdest one was when this middle aged dude sold a bag with his 2 daughters in the car (one was a baby other was like a toddler) felt sorry for the guy

4. So much reality. Damn man.

5. I wouldn't say it's safe, but I have heard of people finding legit dealers on there. You just have to be careful about it.

6. I used to know a guy, let's call him Ojenga258. Met someone off Craigslist, his anus was never the same after that

Omega369

I personally wouldn't take the chance, you also have the option of meeting someone who is just going to rob you...
    Also, if a cop presents weed and you buy it, that is not entrapment it is called a Sting operation so don't think that would get you out of trouble if you get caught because that is definitely not true.

8. I don't think you have to worry about an undercover cop in oregan selling to users, but in general yes that wouldn't be entrapment but a sting operation

9. I see threads like this all the time. I've never bought over Craigslist,but I've sold on Craigslist from one legal Med patient to another though,So it was completely legal.

knives heated dull red
    release sweet smoky nectar
    I am lifted high

10. Someone that's going to rob you is just as unlikely as a cop, not likely enough to happen to worry about as long as you don't live in the ghetto.They would also definitely not waste the time setting up a whole sting operation just to catch a guy buying a few grams, doesn't make sense. If anything the cops would take the side of the buyers trying to "sting" the dealers... So that's not a very realistic worry. Have to drop some of that unnecessary paranoia if you want to find a hook up. Entrapment probably doesn't actually apply in this situation, but would if they somehow contacted you first. 

11. This is why I grow my own, acquiring weed doesn't need to be so shady!

12. Yea I've also read of people having success on here.  There is only one negative story that I've come across and the poster just got in a weird situation, nothing bad really came of it.  Just don't meet in sketchy parts of town.

13. always meet in a public place, safest bet...just follow your spidey sense.

14. You might want to get your facts straight before you naively believe what you THINK entrapment is. First off craigslist is totally legal to buy/sell bud on IF both people involved are med patients. Second, it is likely because cops know people use it, people get caught on craigslist all the time from cops, you just never hear about it. Third, look up ALL of the parameters of what entrapment is and everything it consists of. A cop selling weed to someone is not entrapment because you are going out of your way to look for and possess something illegal. No one forced you to look up an add on craigslist and buy weed, you voluntarily did that yourself.

Entrapment is when a cop tries to coax you into something illegal that you were not originally intending. Like if a undercover cop comes up to you asking if you wanted to bomb a building, you say no you don't want to. They pull out some explosives and ask you again, you again say no. Then they put em in your hand and and give you a detonator saying its a good idea and you won't get caught and how to escape. Your hesitant but the undercover is persuasive so you decide to do it, then he arrests you for trying to or actually blowing up a building. The person in question had no intention of doing that but was coaxed into by the undercover, that is entrapment. (a situation in my town like this happened because the cops thought someone was a terrorist so the police planned the whole thing and throughout the whole thing the guy in question kept saying he didn't want to do it, which you can see in phone calls and text messages). Because you are not being forced into buying weed and voluntarily goof out of your way to find it, that is your fault. Learn the law before you assume, or your assumptions will screw you.

15. yeah 2nd that

16. I met a reliable dealer with great bud on craigslist, I still use him to this day.

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH Fierce using Grasscity Forum mobile app

17. #17 Zulu Whiskey, Mar 26, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2014
    I live in NE Fl and sometimes ill read CL adds while taking a shit/bored for laughs. This dude posted this pretty substantial post about looking for herbs, new to town, & also a vet. I messaged & we grabbed a few brewskis, hit the vape, & ate pizza. I ended up selling him a quarter. He ended up buying another one 2 days later.

Anyway I met a new friend figured I share my experience.

P.s. He did prove to me that he was in fact a veteran prior to me agreeing to meet him. If he wouldn't have originally claimed to be one I would have never messaged him.

18. I wouldn't do it personally.....

19. The struggle.

20. I don't know this for sure, but I feel like a cop offering to sell weed on craigslist would be entrapment... don't you have to initiate a drug deal with an undercover for it to be legit? Otherwise cops could just walk around all day offering people bud and arresting them.