Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Safer than beer? and other miscellaneous concerns

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by coolstorybro, May 23, 2010.

1. #21 Samanthamudgirl, May 23, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2010
    I'll throw some reading material your way since you are into academics:

http://forum.grasscity.com/medical-marijuana/525051-granny-storm-crows-mmj-reference-list.html - 250 pages of medical marijuana studies and news articles

Myths and Facts About Marijuana - studies on policy issues

Marijuana | Drug War Facts - a list of study abstracts with links to the studies on various marijuana topics, my favorite. Click the links for the studies.

Your friends'll probably get you hella high. You can control how high you get by only taking a couple of hits and waiting for yourself to get high like 20 minutes and if you want more rinse and repeat. You'll need to make sure you'll inhale deeply and then take air in on top of that to get the smoke in. Then hold it in for about three seconds any more and the smoke will rape your lungs. There's no studies showing grass causing lung cancer, but there are carcinogens in the smoke. In fact weed seems to be good for all your systems. Your heart rate will increase, so don't panic, cause it won't hurt you in any way. Good luck and have a great time toking for your first time.

Sammy

ps. Oh, and take a lot of communications classes too. I think they'll help with your chosen degrees: public speaking, group communications, nonverbal communication should get you going in the right direction...

2. U.S. DRUG TESTING SUMMARY
    Cannabis
    Tested for in Standard Drug Tests?
    \tYES
    Tested for in Extended Drug Tests?
    \tYES
    Possible to Test for?
    \tYES
    Detection Period in Urine
    \t1-6 days (single use)
    \t3-9 days (weekly use)
    \t7-30 days (daily use)

Erowid Cannabis (Marijuana) Vault : Drug Testing

As far as is it safer than alcohol, consider this. Alcohol is known to be highly addictive, and detrimental to your body. Thousands of deaths are attributed to alcohol each year.

Cannabis, is not. There has not been one solid case of cannabis OD since its first use over 4000 years ago.

3. You're telling me you received a perfect GPA and perfect SATs but are questioning the safety of bud in comparison to alcohol, you sir, are a liar. Alcohol- destroys all your organs. Weed- damn lets eat some wheat thins and talk politics. One is absolutely destructive, the other is possibly the most diverse medicine on Earth.

4. Shit possibly? Aliens probably studied us at one point but decided not to land because we must seem absolutely retarded.

5. Okay, I just bought a joint off one of my friends, and was just wondering how to effectively smoke it to get the highest high you can. I heard you shouldn't inhale it into your lungs, and some other stuff. I also heard you should keep it in your lungs for as long as you can.

Also, I heard that you weren't supposed to light it with a zippo, since it makes it taste really really bad. I also heard that you can light it with a soldering iron, which has no taste. I have one ready to go if necessary. Help please!!!

Additionally, what kind of music should I listen to?

6. Inhale it deep into your lungs, if you can. It might be difficult because you're new to toking, so don't worry if the first few puffs you cough and don't feel high. Hold the joint to your mouth, inhale it to at least your throat, then take the joint away and inhale more. I usually hold it for about 5 seconds. Some people say the THC is absorbed within 3 seconds, and some people say that if you hold your breath until you can't anymore, you'll get extremely baked. I'm not sure which is true to be honest.

Light it with a Bic if you have one. Those are the most common lighters out there.

Listen to any music. I'd start off with your favorite music, or whatever you're craving. As you get higher, you might want to change the music up, but just see where the high takes you.

7. Ye, just basically suck from your lungs, try not to cough , take the joint away, and inhale a bunch of air (while smoke is still in your lungs), then hold for 3~5 seconds, and exhale slowly and smoothly. After 1-2 hits you should get lightheaded at first, and then you will quickly notice that you are high. Try not to be too paranoid. Being nervous usually kills my high.

8. #29 RepentYeNbelievethegospel, May 23, 2010
    Last edited: May 23, 2010
    Don't hold smoke in your lungs for more then 5 seconds, after that your just hurting yourself.

Before you take a hit, take a deep breathe and exhale all of your breathe before putting your lips to the joint. Suck into your mouth/throat or using your cheeks, then open your throat and inhale quickly and deeply into your lungs, DO NOT use your diaphram, if you inhaled correctly with your lungs then your chest and shoulders should rise up like a normal breathe.
    Smoke maybe half of the joint, wait a half hour, then see how you feel. If you don't feel it then smoke the rest.

The most important thing is to relax and remember that it's all in your head, stay hydrated during and after smoking, and don't smoke on an empty stomache.

Find some chill and mellow music to listen to. Just light it with a normal Bic lighter, they are most reliable. Light it carefully so that it doesn't only burn in one side.

9. Thanks for the tips. From what I can gather, I should:

1. Light up
    2. Put in mouth (duh)
    3. Inhale into your lungs as if you're breathing normally
    4. Inhale a little air until you can't hold any more in
    5. Hold in lungs for ~5 seconds
    6. Slowly exhale
    7. Repeat

Also, what's the deal with soldering irons? I've heard about using that to light up as an alternative to lighters.

10. #31 Jihuji, May 23, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2010
    I've never used anything but a regular old lighter haha. And it will make the smoking go smoother if you don't slobber all over the J either. If you're by yourself smoking, it's not as much as a big deal, but in circle it's really annoying when you get passed a J that's all wet.

EDIT- Also, towards the end of the joint it will start getting hot and you might have trouble breathing in. It helps a lot to inhale oxygen through the corners of your lips at the same time you inhale the joint. This cools the hit down.

11. do it its fun lol although ur first time u might not get high

12. I think its because soldering irons get so hot, they can use that heat to combust your weed, without using the butane from a lighter. Some say the butane is bad for you, and it tastes weird.

I dunno though, I use a bic lighter and have had to problems with it. I don't notice a weird taste or anything..

13. Alright. Finally, I just want to know what's so bad about zippos.

If Zippos are truly that bad, I'm just gonna light it with a soldering iron

14. Alcohol kills brain cells. Cannabis does not. Alcohol can kill you from it's toxicity merely from drinking a bit too much. You cannot die from smoking cannabis, you can't even OD really. Alcohol does horrible damage to the body. Cannabis does not.

You do the match.

I'll give you a brief history:

I've grown and smoked for about 30 years. I've had a highly successful life. Great career, great life, wonderful wife, nice house, never have to worry about money, etc. etc. etc.

I think anyone familiar with my posting history will agree that it certainly doesn't impair cognitive capacity. Hell, if it does I'm scared at how much more capable my brain would be if I'd never smoked it. I'm well educated in numerous disciplines and am generally considered a fairly sharp person.

The trick is to not let it rule your life. Some people fall into the trap of letting the herb dominate their existence. Make it your bitch, not the other way around, and you can enjoy the plant and live a very happy and successful life at the same time.

15. #36 RepentYeNbelievethegospel, May 23, 2010
    Last edited: May 23, 2010
    Only certain soldering irons can be used to light bowls(waterpipes), and yes it's very pure but can be dangerous. A similar alternative would be using the sun to light your bowls.
    If you want a cheap and easy way to light bowls where you don't have to taste lighter fluid, then pick up a product called Beeline. It's an organic hempwick covered in organic beeswax, it's pretty cheap. You can get them by the pack of 9ft or a spool of 200ft for around $20. You would just light the end of the wick then use that to light your bowl or joint.

Soldering irons are not for joints LOL. Just use a regular ol Bic

16. You get high the first time (er, at least I did,) but your usually just thinking :Wtf?" the entire time, trying to figure out whats going on. Its still fun, and you still notice the high, but its not as fun as the 2nd time :D.

17. I sometimes use well dried stems leftover from my trimmings and harvest to light bowls. I also sometimes dip them in aromatic oils and use them as incense.

18. im over a 4.0 also and i smoke everyday
    be smart about your weed and your weed will make you smart.
    nice name btw

19. I have a Hakko 936. Do you think if I just held the disassembled heated soldering tip to the end of the joint, would that work? Since it burns paper quite well, it ought to be able to burn a joint as well.