1. Today was a sad day because I broke my bong. It broke because my down stem likes to get stuck a lot so I usually just twist and pull to get it out well today when I did that the female GonG spot broke on one side into 2 pieces :(.
    Anyways my dad went and got some epoxy and used that to reconstruct it, and I was just wondering if anyone has used epoxy to fix one of their pieces and if it was a good fix and was usable.
    It also says on the back that the vapors are harmful but I dont think that should be a problem considering where it broke. I also think that considering where it broke it might be a problem since I'll need to put it and take out the down stem. One last question so this doesn't happen again, what is the proper way to remove a down stem when stuck or not stuck and thanks for taking the time to read all this :)

2. You'll be fine. As long as the flame doesn't come in contact with the epoxy there's nothing to worry about. Those fumes are a problem while the glue is drying and not much beyond that. You can also get epoxies that are usable in situations where there is lots of heat as well, if you still feel uncomfortable.

3. lol your dad got it fixed for u

4. #4 Just Smoke It, Jan 9, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2012
    Yea, my dads a boss :D

and thanks for the info Gooseman.

5. Just Smoke It

6. Make sure your bong is dry when taking in or out the downstem, or else you'll be stuck with a case of hydro-lock and there is almost no way to fix that except for breaking it.

7. Just gently twist it back and forth until the seal breaks. That usually works. If it doesn't, run the the coldest water possible over the joint while twisting back and forth as cold would make the glass minimally shrink, but that is all you need.

8. Thanks for the needed info, Copper164 & Teed Worker.

Also another question, do you all think it would be safe to still use my K-clip on it. I mean I got it on but it felt like a had to force it.

and if anyones interested, before it broke I hadn't named it yet but after the reconstruction I have decided to name it Frankenstein.:bongin: