Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

safe way to clean pipe?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by IM SOO HIGH, Jan 29, 2011.

1. i have a glass pipe. it's pretty thick glass. i want to clean it real quick. im thinking of putting it in a pan with boiling water and then rinsing it but ive heard it can break the glass... ive done it with a pipe b4 and it didnt do shit. do u think this will be safe? i dont want it to make my pipe brittle

2. DONT BOIL GLASS. Heating and cooling it at such speed weakens and will eventually crack your piece. Instead, get 91 % isopropyl alcohol and some salt. Fill a ziplock with the alcohol until it can fully submerge your pipe and then put the salt in there, which will act as an abrasive. Shake the bag for several minutes. Works well. If your pipe is really dirty, you might need to do it a couple times.

3. If you heat the water around the glass it should be fine. Rapid changes in temperature is what will crack/break glass. So just don't drop it in a pot of boiling water and you should be ok.

Better method is to use iso. alcohol, and salt.

Better method (and my new crusade) is take a paperclip, scrape the resin out, and SMOKE THAT SHIT!

4. yeah thats what i want to do cept i dont have salt, bags or alcohol... gotta guy buy that shit tmrw

5. How the fuck you have no salt? And I've done this for awhile that is the alcohol n salt method. And one time I was barely shaking the bag and I guess the salt and ISO made the bag weaker and that damn bag broke and my bowl got a nice damn chip in it. I was surprised at how easily the bag broke so I suggest get thicker bags.

6. Rubbing alchohol dog, use that shit all the time

7. Alcohol and salt in a plastic baggie, and shake shake shake. it'll be sotless and shiny and clean. Trust me.

8. I didn't know about the iso and salt method until I came here, at that time my bong was extremley dirty. So, at the grocery store I picked up 91% iso and coarse grain sea salt. My bong looked better than the day I bought it, and also my slides looked new and had no odor.

9. Yo, when is it safe to smoke after using the salt alcohol method?

10. Just rinse it after with water, dry it, and you should be ready to rock and roll. :bongin:

11. rubbing alcohol + salt
    /thread

12. isopropyl alcohol and kosher salt or simple green. It seems everyone does one of these two things.

13. I use everclear vodka. Cuts the crud beautifully. And if it's not safe enough to go into my body, I really don't want to be inhaling it! Cheap vodka doesn't work half as well! (Everclear can be used to make tinctures, too. The recipe is in my list, that 1st link in my sig, under "METHODS OF USE". If you haven't seen my list, you are in for a treat!)

Salt, incidentally, can break down into sodium and chlorine atoms. Chlorine is bad news for the lungs. Fortunately salt washes out easily, so just just be sure to rinse everything well.

Granny :wave:

14. Why nobody mentions 99% alcohol?