Safe to smoke ?

Discussion in 'Smoking Pipes, Glass Spoon Pipes' started by Sumisukyo, Sep 19, 2018.

1. Hi guys, I got a new pipe at a show and I'm wondering if it's safe to smoke from ?
    I want to use it for tobacco.

It's all metal with a black shiny paint.

Hope it's safe I really like it.

Attached Files:

2. Is it painted on the inside or in the bowl?
    Boooo to tobacco

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. "tobacco" :ey:

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Its all good man, we can openly talk about pot here. :D

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Looks like a opium pipe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    @ I love growing weed

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. not sure about safe but it came in a very nice coffin anyway...
    :bolt:

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. It's coated everywhere in a shiny black.

8. Lol. :vaping:

9. Brother there is all kinds of metal ……. Is it magnetic ? is light in weight as in aluminum which non magnetic like brass or stainless steel ,, titanium , lots on metals in this world .
    Could be anodized if its lite weight as in aluminum .
    Anodized aluminum is aluminum dipped in acid then dipped in a dye then soaked into the grain of the aluminum .
    If the dye is toxic then no its not safe … problem is you don't know what dye was used ..
    Aluminum gets hot and expands opening the metals grain and exposing the dye …..

If you knew the pipe maker you could give them a call and find out what dye they used ….
    All dyes in America have to have a USDS sheet ..that's list everything in the dye that is or isn't toxic and side effects .
    If its a cheaper pipe then most likely it was made in China , China has no morals in using the cheapest possible materials they can get their hands ….
    Not everything is made cheap in China but the majority of it is and China produces a shit load of Dog foods that kill American pets every year..
    When I researched the dog food there was about 15,000 REPORTED chases of Dogs dying from China made dog food every year ..

As everyone said if its painted then that's also unhealthy .

Tobacco is a different ball game ,,, bowl temp gets extremely hot compared to Cannabis , in less its shitty weed and the bowl is huge .

Good luck ..

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. If it's paint then I wouldn't use it

11. don't smoke tobacco.
    I can't tell you definitively whether or not that pipe is safe to use, but I can tell you I wouldn't smoke out of it.
    maybe I'd use it once and then put it in the collection with the other pipes I don't use anymore.

12. Only one way to tell...get someone else to smoke out of it first. If they're still alive the next day then smoke away and enjoy!

• Funny Funny x 2
  13. Like dude said, if there’s paint on the inside, it’s probably not a good idea. And @Hunter2348, that’s an opium pipe if I’ve ever seen one. Still, doesn’t mean you can’t put some dry materials in it (in your case, tobacco), wink wink ;). But for real, I’d get that paint out somehow before putting a flame to it. Sorry you wasted your money, hope it wasn’t too expensive. Honestly, kinda looks like that case is worth more than the pipe itself, lol.

Here’s a tip, get glass next time. Can’t go wrong.