Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

safe to put stash in plastic jar?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by zgaskell, Oct 20, 2008.

1. Is it safe for me to put my stash in a plastic jar? ive heard the plastic can leech some things from your bud and that glass is the only way to go. what is the truth?

2. depends.... if the jar is air tight. then u shood be fine... like a zIPLOCK one.... or somethng... just get a glass jar dude

3. glass is better but you can do glass as long as its air tight.

4. The only plastic jar I trust is a tightvac. VACCUM SEAL! FUCK THE WORLD!

tightvac.com those things work and even the beastiest of skunky beasters scent cant' find their way out of one of those containers.

5. yeah, i'd get glass just to be safe. or tightvacs. those shits are amazing. rep+ dy-no-mite.

6. I used to use a Glad plastic container, worked pretty well they stay more airtight than a bag would so if its your only option then use it. But go get a glass jar from Ben Franklin or Marshalls. They have all different sizes, i have one thats about 2 inches tall that i carry around when im going out. I was thinking about it and if I was ever going to get searched by a cop i'd just take my jar and throw it as far as i possibly could, cant do that with a baggie

7. yeh fine mate:)

ever go to the Amsterdam most if not all coffee shops have them in plastic tubs;)

go for it.

8. same with california most the dispensaries have their $50/8th in plastic jars or if u spend 5 bucks more (depends on dispensary) you can have it in a glass jar.
    glass would still be better imo tho

9. stashing your shit in a plastic jar will have no adverse effects on your bud man.

10. Just use a plastic pill bottle ,those work perfect for putting buds in.

11. i am a amiture photographer so i have like 2320320342958708 film cases i use those for my shake and a zip for beaster/ fire nugs

12. word pill bottles are great

13. The bags leach the trichromes, but its only because of the type of plastic, your fine with hard plastic containers. Glass is best, but the glad containers are cheap and keep your stash nice and fresh.;)

14. Thanks for all the help guys, I think I found a decent solution. I had an empty glass jar laying around, Smuckers to be exact. Thanks for all the help though I'll probably still rock my pill jar to carry to friends houses. Appreciate it.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

15. I'd go for glass.

I heard THC slowly (VERY slowly) sucked from the bud when put in plastic. (That's why you want to take it out of the baggie ASAP). But if it's airtight, that might be a new story.

I'd still go for glass. It looks classy too.

16. Here ya go

Source: http://www.cannabisculture.com/articles/4125.html

Plastic bags for storage
    by Ed Rosenthal (05 Jan, 2005)
    Are vaccuum seal bags as bad as regular plastic?
    [​IMG]You have written that plastic bags are the worst storage for buds.

Does that also apply to those vacuum-sealed bags or will these help keep it fresh?

XO Remy,
    Internet

Polyethylene plastic bags such as baggies or zip-locs have an electrical charge which attracts glands. If you look at the surface of a used bag you will notice that it is covered with glands that have bonded with the plastic. Even scraping the material with a sharp surface such as a knife or razor blade will not remove them. These glands hold THC, the active ingredient in grass. When these glands transfer from the vegetative material to the bag, the potency of the grass is reduced.

Glass, metals and thermally-sealed plastic don't carry an electrical charge so they can be used to store marijuana without affecting its quality.

[​IMG]Readers with grow questions (or answers) should send them to Ed at: Ask Ed, PMB 147, 530 Divisadero St., San Francisco, California 94117, USA. You can also email Ed at AskEd@cannabisculture.com, and send queries via his websites at www.ask-ed.net. All featured questions will be rewarded with a copy of Ed's new book, Best of Ask Ed: Your Marijuana Questions Answered. Sorry, Ed cannot send personal replies to your questions

17. What about an old vitamin bottle? Would that work fine?

18. Its not going to be airtight enough.

19. What if he puts it inside a ziplock baggie?:D

20. **face palm**
    [​IMG]

Please read the article I posted below, you will see the following.

"Polyethylene plastic bags such as baggies or zip-locs have an electrical charge which attracts glands. If you look at the surface of a used bag you will notice that it is covered with glands that have bonded with the plastic. Even scraping the material with a sharp surface such as a knife or razor blade will not remove them. These glands hold THC, the active ingredient in grass. When these glands transfer from the vegetative material to the bag, the potency of the grass is reduced.

Glass, metals and thermally-sealed plastic don't carry an electrical charge so they can be used to store marijuana without affecting its quality."