Safe to have photos on my iPhone

Discussion in 'Security' started by TeamDOtokin, Oct 17, 2016.

1. Is it safe to keep the photos of plants on my iPhone that were taken when the location services was on? Didn't want to delete pictures of my grow from start to finish but I will if it's a threat seeing as location services was on the entire time and just realized it

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. i think there is a way to delete that metadata from a picture. do that to all of them when ls was on

3. How do I go about doing that?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. There some great apps that will hide your pictures. I use one on my iPhone. Just remember to only do the pass code not the finger print option. Do this also with your phone. Always passcode not finger.
    Why? Cops can force your finger on the phone to gain. Access but they can't get you tell pass code because it would violate your right to not "self incriminate" myself

Check out my first grow.
    https://forum.grasscity.com/index.p...x6'-tent+-Newbie=what-could-go-wrong?.1420015. Sent from my magical device that provide bud pictures and hot girls

5. download a program that deletes exif data, a simple search should do, this not only removes data but GPS location picture was taken aswell. I use exif eraser

6. Is exif the proper spelling and will it work for iPhone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. yes exif eraser is for android, however just search for an app that removes "exif data"

8. So it won't work on iOS, is there anything for iOS aside from wickr

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Google might be able to help sorry mate I only have android, but any program should work, it creates a copy of the original just strips the info

• Like Like x 1
  10. Unless you are already attracting attention from local authorities, there is no reason to not keep your photos. It is illegal search and seizure if they are viewed outside of an official investigation. It is not a big deal, unless you are already a suspect.

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  11. Also be careful about any backups to the cloud. I accidentally put my photos in dropbox where a bunch of people could see them. Let's just say I don't always wear clothes when I take pictures X3

• Like Like x 3
  12. Never use the cloud for this..Iphones use some pretty heavy encryption.
    Who knows with the Cloud.