Safe to grow here?

Discussion in 'Security' started by FPM, Oct 26, 2011.

1. Hey i will be moving to the Tennessee countryside soon with my parents and will probably have 30+ acres of land with woods on property out in the middle of nowhere. There will most likely be tons of woods around the property we buy so i plan on clearing a decent sized spot cutting limbs off trees and stuff to let sunlight in. I might also make a small shed and put waist high chicken wire around the grow area. Do you guys think this kind of setup would work better (security wise) on my own land or not my own land? Also i might have from the middle of January to the end of winter (last frost) to scout things out find a location and setup. Please any input on security measures i can take would be greatly appreciated! I will have allot of time to set it up so nothing would be going to far!:smoke:

2. I've also head about people putting their plants in trees to keep animals away and hide them..they even make cammo grow bags lol..when I was thinking about growing outside I thought it would be a good idea to get a waterproof wireless camera to watch the area for hunters and whatnot (not sure how far they will transmit)...try and make sure you're by a water source or its going to suck dragging jugs out there when it's too dry out

3. I'd say check carefully for TN's penalties for MJ growing. Your parents' house? If asset forfeiture is even a possibility in that state, don't risk it -- it's not even your house. Don't grow on their property without their blessing; that would be disrespectful.

4. Oh yea what he said...missed the parents part

5. Well there will be lots of woods around my property that wont technically be my parents property. Is that the path i should go? off property?

6. Be very careful about going guerilla in your grow. Requires a lot of careful planning and security precautions. Don't grow on someone else's property...way bad juju. Public land? Maybe but watch out. If your folks can subdivide off a few acres just for you and transfer title to your name, go for it on your own land.

7. your going to want to avoid taking the same path in and out. ( thinking back to another time since abandoned for less stressful pursuits..) once you walk a path through the woods it can take a year or more before things grow back in properly. then again it is TN.. hard sayin not knowin.. Tree bags, sound cool, there was a guy on here about a year back or so in Hawaii or Oregon (i think?) that used'em.

8. Yea you can also follow animal trails to cover your tracks...You should just look at google maps in satellite view to find a big area with no roads and a river then go out there with a gps so when you actually find a spot you know the coordinates and can take different ways there each time

9. ^ Yes but those animals might eat your buds! Guerilla grow it and tie the lady down, more stealthy, more buds.. Just make sure its FAR.

10. #10 Doc-J, Oct 27, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2011
    It depends on what part of TN you are in, and how you go about it. I am in east Tn and can tell you outdoor growing here is a BIG industry. Marijuana is actually the states largest cash crop, and the Appalachian region produces more mj than any non medical area in the country. I know of several people that do big enough outdoor grows to sell for the next 12 months. They have been doing it for well over 10 years now and haven't gotten busted.

I dont know about the other areas, but they do fly overs freqeuntly in this area scanning for fields. I only know of one that has been busted though, and it was some idiot rednecks that had 20 plants in their open backyard, and were manufacturing other substances inside. The copter saw the plants, they got a warrant and found the lab.

Dont put a fence around your grow. If cops are flying the area, they most likely know the area and a new fence in an area where it doesnt belong will only stand out. As others have said, dont take the same way in and out all the time. Plan on loosing some plants to deer or other animals.

11. #11 FPM, Oct 28, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 28, 2011
    Thanks guys. Think it would be OK to put a small chicken wire fence? i mean it will be in the woods. Somehow i doubt any one would see it from the air, My dad has been a pilot 20+ years. Air Force and commercial, i have even flown with him in a prop airplane over the country side. and ill tell you straight up that its hard as hell to see whats on the ground even from 50 ft up and that is low as hell because the lower you get the faster it seems your going and harder it is to see what your flying over so i am pretty sure its not easy to spot a 15 X 15 chicken wire fence in the middle of the woods. =]

But i see were your coming from its better to be safe than sorry, But in some situations its not exactly necessary.

12. Dont do chicken wire, do green mesh or green wire of some kind if you want stealth and protection.

13. good idea i like it.

14. also you can pee around the area and put pantyhose filled with hair to help keep critters away

15. Check this before going any further, seems to me that johny law would like you to have a seat right over there.

16. #16 Vox Continental, Oct 28, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 28, 2011
    Why does the hair thing work? I know pantyhose with a bag of blood meal keeps deer away though correct?

17. I would like to hear the logic behind this to. =]

18. I heard not to use blood and bone meal in your soil because animals will come by and dig it up.

I would use a game camera, you know, one of those that takes pictures of deer and coons and whatever else y'all hunters shoot. Just put it on a tree and see how many deer are in the area. This will also show you any nosey kids or neighbors walking around your garden.

19. Haha does it flash? Some kid walking by will see a flash behind him and be like WTF and run like hell lol

20. someone just made a thread about this yesterday! i think in germany or atleast somewhere in Europe.. They found like 4 or 5 plants in various stages in growth like 20 foot up a tree just chillin in the branches! they used burlap so thats how it got seen.. camo bags just might work!