Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Safe to consume?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by CicoBuff, Mar 9, 2017.

1. #1 CicoBuff, Mar 9, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2017
    Hi everyone. I am a medical marijuana patient and am a little unsure with how to proceed with some lozenges that I have. I had purchased a few packages of lozenges back in November. I consumed two of the packages, but still have two packages left. I haven't been consuming marijuana the past few months which is why they are still around. To give you an idea of how they've been stored, the packages were sold with each lozenge individually sealed in a plastic wrap (no air would be able to get in), and they have been kept in the ziploc-type of bag that they were sold in. The harvest date on the bags say 9-28-2016. My question is, would these still be safe for me to consume? I looked at the ingredients and didn't find anything that seems to be a preservative, which is why I'm hesitant about them. Here is a list of the ingredients according to the package: Cane Sugar, Isomalt Sugar, Flavoring, Sunflower Lecithin, and of course medical marijuana. I would love to not have to throw these out, but at the same time, due to a weak esophagus, I'm afraid of getting food poisoning or something along those lines.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

2. Oh, yeah, they'll be safe. None of those ingredients go bad very easily. Enjoy them. :)

• Like Like x 2
  3. Thanks for the confirmation. After further research, I learned that sunflower lecithin is an emulsifier, which apparently serves as somewhat of a preservative. I'm looking forward to giving these a go soon.

• Like Like x 3