Saddest grow ever

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Mixted, Aug 30, 2011.

1. #41 Mixted, Sep 24, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 24, 2011
    @Everyone:
    sweet that is exactly what I was hoping for. like I said this type of thing has never happened before and I have never smoked unflushed weed so I did not know. I always thought the end flush was for health reasons. Two things learned today, the second beinng that I can't drink like I could when I was 19.

@thatguythat remember the rep thing from the other day? No bs first it was "spread too much rep in 24hrs" and now this.
    thatguy.png
    not like it would really help.

2. lol, shit takes time some times. I still am working at it.

3. i can't rep you either... its ok.. i think the rep thing is overrated. it seems like there are people with a lot of rep and less posts then me. i think they work things out together to get their rep up faster. i think rep goes a lot faster in the chill out lounge too, but i don't go there often. lots of kids there.

4. very true, and it is over rated, all the rep I really need comes to me every 3-4 months.

Just a bit irritating seeing people that help GC community alot with low bars.

5. i don't really care.. i am just here to chat with growers cause there is no other way to do it. doesn't really matter if people see the green bars or not... as long as i don't get a red one..lol

6. yeah having other growers that can help with problems is great! you are right that is the most important part.

7. so I quick dryed a bud and it turned out suprizingly good. The flavor is a bit off but the quality is really good, better than the so called purple that has been going around town.

first nugs.jpg

8. Hey Mix,what kind of quick dry methods are there or what u use? I choose a 12 pack instead of some $120/oz. one time buzz,lol. Im not done with harvest till around the end of Oct. or 1st/2nd week of Nov. Gonna have to tap in the cookie jar,fortunately this time got enough going n flower/veg to continue and properly cure. Tx n adv. glad u got something.

9. Normally I don't quick dry, but this time I took that hanger and hung it behind my tv for 2 days and marathon cod. After the first night was crispy and put in a jar behind the tv opening every couple hours was really crispy last night closed the jar for the night. When I woke up this morning it was smokeable

10. this is the final update to this grow as the room is full and no longer sad. I have been super busy with fulll time work and school so I have not had that much time to take the weekly pics but I don't want anyone to think that I ddi not finish this out. So here are the remaining pics.

this was the second harvest (Plant 2 Cheese) harvest 2.jpg

I lost the picture of the dried bud but it ended up being really killer looking buds. The dry weight was around 3 OZ but it was a very heady high, hit you like a ton of bricks but no couch lock. Unfortunetly I only have like 10 grams left.

Here is the third harvest (Plant 3 Cheese) harvest 3.jpg
    I did not take a picture of the wet harvest IMO it is about as usefull as weighing it wet. This ended up being just over 3 OZ. Here is a closer look at the dried bud. harvest 3dry.jpg
    personaly I was a bit disapointed with the look of this one but that all changed when I smoked it. Damn, I will be growing cheese again.

Here is what I did with the leaves and cuttings
    hash.jpg
    I use the bubble hash method to make this, IMO iti is the cleanest way of making hash. this totaled up to about 3.5 grams. The blond hash is from small buds that I will not normally smoke and the darker hash is from the leaves. The dark stuff is decent, the blond puts me down for the night even if it is in the middle of the day.

I learned a couple things during all of this.
    A. sucks having to start from scratch
    B. Cheese is very tempermental strain not a good beginer strain (I have been growing for a while not an expert but know my stuff and I had a botch of a time with it)
    C. Grasscity is a very valuable resource for information.

My garden is now packed and a third strain is in the future, just don't know what yet. here are the choices so input on what I should throw in next would be greatly app.
    Bubblegummer
    Blue Mystic
    original skunk #1
    Road runner
    or any clone that I could pick up at a seattle disp.

Thanks everyone who followed along and special thanks to those of you who helped in PM's and in the thread. SkunkeyMonkey, Thatguythat, toastybiz and 420oney. If I could kick down to you guys I would, but I can't so a thanks will have to do.

maybe you will see me surface in the actual GJ section during the winter grow season.

Thanks again everyone.

11. great grow mixted!! can't wait to see the next.. have you already decided on strains and ordered seeds?

12. yup I listed four in the last post, the cheese and the carmelicious are stilll going will post the carmelicious pics when it finishes. I have all the seeds I need here plus some bonus seeds that were freebies.

I am adding one more strain so any suggestions will be concidered.

fuck off to school.

13. sorry... i'm high. i really like my dna sour cream so far. it stinks so good just a month into veg. also mj mama has really been getting me to want to try C99.. maybe that would be a good one to try.

14. Great Mix! Glad things worked out,it all looks dandy,bout another 2/3 weeks and this harvest will be done for me,this has 2 b the longest 3/4 months,I'll atleast have sumthing here n a bit,finally bout done with new box,had 2 much going on and didnt want 2 xfer in the middle,I would probably drop a plant or sumthing tragic would happen,gonna throw mothers n flower after this,they r getting out of hand and somex a fresh start is good,then after these babies get going,I'll b rolling,been a bit and got a different plan after reading,tried 2 much at once. Peace.

P.S. TX for your help as well. Smoke 1 4 me.:smoke:

15. So I guess I will keep this going, kinda feel bad as it is no longer the saddest grow, things have looked up a while back I got a carmelicious strain going and picked a really nice female. I chopped her down last nigh, good thing too cause I am running low. Here is the top bud.
    caemeliciousharvestwet.jpg

I am really happy about this harvest . Most reviews on this strain were not the best alot of people said it was not a high yielder and the buds tend to be loose. the picture you see on the site you order this seed from seem to be showing a pic of something this plant is not. Here is what I got.

carmeliciousharvest wet 02.jpg

I was very happy with the haul, one plant with no topping and it gave me almost as much as the other strains yield. Well it is still wet but I am pretty sure it will. The smell is different not bad but different.

16. hey man.. .got your message. i don't have any duct coming out of my light. i am looking to get a light with an open hood next. i am pumping the air out so fast that it doesn't get very hot in there. if you have any air leaving your room at all without being pumped through a carbon filter, the aroma will escape with it. i don't have an intake fan at all. just open vent in the bottom of the closet with a small filter in it to keep out dust and bugs. the outgoing air pulls new air in here. this creates the negative pressure so that air will not escape. it will all be filtered.

17. so you think slapping the filter on the intake cooling the light would better as far as odor control goes? If so you think it would take away from the cooling of the light?

18. i don't cool my light at all. i just keep the room cool.

19. I kinda have to, with the glass on the light gets very hot. Will try moving the filter and see if I can get better odor control.

20. mine does too. blistered my hand a little one day cause i had to hold it for like 30 seconds.