Sad Panda's "Show anti-maijuana advice columnists they're wrong" Episode 2

Discussion in 'General' started by Sad Panda, Nov 12, 2003.

1. This is from www.drugabuse.gov

Bold comments are my own response.

Q: What are the long-term effects of marijuana use?

A: Findings so far show that regular use of marijuana or THC may play a role in some kinds of cancer and in problems with the respiratory and immune systems.

Cancer
    It's hard to know for sure whether regular marijuana use causes cancer. But it is known that marijuana contains some of the same, and sometimes even more, of the cancer-causing chemicals found in tobacco smoke. Studies show that someone who smokes five joints per day may be taking in as many cancer-causing chemicals as someone who smokes a full pack of cigarettes every day (15) . 5 joints a day is a fuckload, and a pack of cigarettes every day isn't unheard of at all. What a stupid comparison.

Lungs and airways
    Lungs and airways-People who smoke marijuana often develop the same kinds of breathing problems that cigarette smokers have: coughing and wheezing. They tend to have more chest colds than nonusers. They are also at greater risk of getting lung infections like pneumonia. Oh look, they forgot to mention that tobacco is far worse for you again!

Immune system
    Animal studies have found that THC can damage the cells and tissues in the body that help protect against disease. When the immune cells are weakened you are more likely to get sick.What the fuck is this BS study? Marijuana medinally helps sick people all over the world. THC as a disease-inhibitor...jesus christ.

Now, here's another question from the same site:

Q: What happens after a person smokes marijuana?

A: Within a few minutes of inhaling marijuana smoke, the user will likely feel, along with intoxication, a dry mouth, rapid heartbeat, some loss of coordination and poor sense of balance, and slower reaction time. Blood vessels in the eye expand, so the user's eyes look red.

For some people, marijuana raises blood pressure slightly and can double the normal heart rate. This effect can be greater when other drugs are mixed with marijuana; but users do not always know when that happens.

As the immediate effects fade, usually after 2 to 3 hours, the user may become sleepy.Wow, you just made getting high sound like a fucking trip to the dentist. They somehow forgot to mention the reasons people actually enjoy using marijuana. Can we say "One-sided-argument"?

And another ignorant question-and-answer:

Q: Can marijuana be used as medicine?

A: There has been much debate in the media about the possible medical use of marijuana. Under U.S. law since 1970, marijuana has been a Schedule I controlled substance. This means that the drug, at least in its smoked form, has no commonly accepted medical use. So let me get this straight. Marijuana=illgeal, thus marijuana=no medical use? What the fuck kind of argument is that?

In considering possible medical uses of marijuana, it is important to distinguish between whole marijuana and pure THC or other specific chemicals derived from cannabis. Whole marijuana contains hundreds of chemicals, some of which are clearly harmful to health. I know something with hundreds of chemicals, some of which are clearly harmful to my health. They're fucking called DORITOS!

THC, manufactured into a pill that is taken by mouth, not smoked, can be used for treating the nausea and vomiting that go along with certain cancer treatments and is available by prescription. Another chemical related to THC (nabilone) has also been approved by the Food and Drug Administration for treating cancer patients who suffer nausea. The oral THC is also used to help AIDS patients eat more to keep up their weight. Yeah, except EVERY SINGLE independent study has agreed that marijuana is most effective when smoked, and that taking THC in a pill works about half as well as actually smoking it.

Scientists are studying whether marijuana, THC, and related chemicals in marijuana (called cannabinoids) may have other medical uses. According to scientists, more research needs to be done on marijuana's side effects and potential benefits before it can be recommended for medical use.You mean marijuana has potential benefits? You don't seem to devote much time to addressing this question in the rest of the site...pretty weird, huh...

Well, that's enough for now. I'll find some more stupid ignorant asshole sites as soon as I calm down from this one.

2. stupid stupid stupid i stoped reading 1/2 way o.m.g. what a load of bull shit may a God help them to see the light

3. You really should change the title though. From "showing them that theyre wrong" to "arguing with them".