Sad News

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Vio220, Mar 5, 2010.

1. #1 Vio220, Mar 5, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2010
    Ok so my friend is basically out of his mind...

Let me say that he is one of the smartest people I know, but had the lack of motivation to do well in school....fortuneately he's taken his own route to college where he does very well, unlike his time in high school. Something went WRONG!

A few weeks ago he convinced himself that he has ADD (which he did have a lot of the symptoms)...he decided that smoking marijuana helped him keep his mind clear and "not foggy"....then he tried vyvance and said it was great and that he felt like he could learn anything he wanted to and that he was constantly soaking up information...I had thought that he had only tried vyvance once, but now I'm not so sure.

Last Sunday a friend of a mutal friend of ours (me and my friend, call him Jones) and she wanted to pick up an eighth from jones. He told her he walked to a convenience store and that she had to pick him up. So she goes and picks him up and he shows up with 17 grams instead of an eighth because he had a good vibe about her and that she should share it with all her friends because it would do them good. He refused payment. This is not the Jones I knew. At all.

The next day (Monday) he apparently was fine for most of the day (or at least it passed without any notable incidents we've heard of), but started acting odd that night. He made a friend drop him off downtown in a not-so-good area of town, where he apparently did nothing but ramble on the phone for a couple hours (one of the calls was to me, and it was the last time I personally talked to him). He was completely out of his mind looking back on it. He was telling me about a lot of deep philosophical things...I thought he was just baked as hell and was having some fun with imagination or as a joke or to make me laugh or something. But now looking back on it some of the other things he said I should have known that he was just not himself.

Later that night he called his older brother who lives in the NW United States, who then called their dad to tell him that he needed to go pick up Jones somewhere in the downtown area because he was freaking out. His dad found him talkin on the phone and walkin around aimlessly. Apparently he got him home fine and in bed, and took him to work the next morning where he was evidently fine for the day. Then a friend that knew Jones pretty well and knew Jones's brothers and parents pretty well took him home from work, where he started to freak out in the car, saying crazy things and being hostile and taking off clothes.

She drove him to the hospital where he resisted any help and did not want to be there. Then he went to a bathroom at the hospital and intentionally flooded it, and resisted four police officers, finally being subdued and I believe sedated...

His "toxicity report" (I'm not sure that's what it's called, it's just what I heard from a family member..) came back negative and so apparently there weren't any active drugs in his system at the time..and the only things he was taking was marijuana and POSSIBLY adderal or vyvance, but to my knowledge he was not using the amphetamines at all lately.

By now I think he's basically back to reality, but I'm not sure if he knows the extent or the reality of his situation...in fact I'm not sure of his current state at all or what all is going to happen for the future......I just found out about it and needed to vent somewhere....he posted and used this forum often enough and we were in the process of uploading some photos on here we took together of stashes and what not...

Here's to hopin for the best

2. Wooooow man that is freaking insane. What the hell could it be? I'm sorry man. WHo is it?

3. Since the "craziness" spanned only about 2-3 days, it really could all just be an extreme reaction to taking Vyvance.

Vyvance is a "prodrug" molecule, meaning that it doesn't actually do anything to your body, but it is broken down into a different molecule which *does* do something to your body, in this case that molecule is Dextroamphetamine.

Dextroamphetamine has mania, paranoia, and straight up hallucinations all as well documented side effects. Furthermore, while the half life is commonly reported as "12 hours" this is just the *average* half life. Some individuals have been found to have a half life of dextroamphetamine for up to 28 hours, meaning that it's going to be 3 days or more before they are "clear" of the effects.

If your friend had an abnormal reaction to the Vyvanse it could easily explain everything, including why taking it just the one time would screw him up for so long.

4. Thanks for the info man that really helps