Sad looking sprouts, please help

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by uncleblazer22, Jan 9, 2017.

1. Greetings and salutations guys I'm having an issue with my sprouts, they're growing in a tin shed in an Australian summer so I'd easily believe heat could be the issue but as I'm not an expert I was hoping for some advice from someone who is, a couple of my sprouts are looking a little frazzled . Any idea what it could be? Nutrient burn isn't a possibility as I haven't put them on a nute diet yet due to their age but possibly heat? Mites? Light burn? Having said that my lighting setup is a bit underpowered so I dolt think it'd be that. Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  2. I wonder what your medium is ?
    I wonder what your water source is ?
    I wonder if you pH your water ?
    I wonder if you could help answer these questions ?

• Like Like x 2
  3. I bet its dirt from his yard!
    I bet hes using the hose!
    I bet he does not know what ph is!
    I bet he does not have alot to say!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  4. My medium is simple basic untouched potting mix, figured I could nute down the line once sprouts were Strong enough
    My water source is nothing special just bottled water as the water around here isn't awesome
    And no I don't ph as budget is a major factor in the grow

5. I bet your condescension isn't overly helpful
    I bet constructive criticism would've been more so.
    I bet you didn't know it all on your first grow from seed

• Like Like x 5
  6. Just as well use tap water its better than bottled

Having wet leaves promotes mold

• Like Like x 2
  7. Looks like a seed 5 days after it germinated

8. It's about 9 days post sprout but the growing conditions are far from perfect due to limited space and a serious struggle to regulate temperature

9. Ph problem or calcium-magnesium.
    Check Ph and down 6.0

10. Dang i shouldve taken that bet, cuz i do know alot and im currently in my first grow. My comment was actually towards dickie, because his was also condescending as well. I am doing exceptional for my first grow because i love to learn prior to execution. I wont rant about my knowledge of earth science but ive got plenty of experience in plant life on earth and hopefully on other planets soon.

I am much interested in this grow though so ill be hovering around possibly making rude comments, but all towards constructive criticism. I havent seen much come from down under, and I would like to see the outcomes of your journey!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

11. Well potting soil by itself will hold way to much water and when it drys, it will be solid like, plant will not be able to breath well.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

12. Well here we are almost 2 weeks post sprout, moved them from the shed to the house as there's a massive heatwave here that wasn't doing them much good, not sure if they're a bit small for the age or if I'm just being impatient but starting to look healthier since the indoor move. Bottle cap for scale [​IMG][​IMG]

13. Hey bro bury the stems a bit , they are stretching because they need more light as well , looking ok but

Take me to your Dealer

• Like Like x 2
  14. I lowered my light because I noticed they were reaching a few days ago, assumed the problem was solved, will burying the stems really do much seeing as how the plant would remain the same distance from the light?

I could also easily lower my light but it's all of 15cm from the plant as it is

15. I'd bury down to right before the coyletdons , also if you can't get perlite I have no clue what's available in aus maybe some other neutral rock to add to your soil as mentioned above the roots need to breath , while budget growing is understandable there are major basics that must be done or you can kiss any of your hard work goodbye, good luck

16. Perlite is readily available, I'm assuming I mix even through the soil top to bottom as supposed to covering the top of the soil? I did my reading and study years ago but apart from the basics most of it has slipped my mind.

If that's the case should I wait till the babies are a little stronger and can handle a transplant? As they'll all need their own pots eventually anyway or should a get on it right away?

17. I'd wait for a few more sets , let them settle in, right now they see focusing on roots and less on leaves, once they get a nice growth spurt then I'd suggest replanting into decent soil with 15-30% perlite, so like 3 scoops soil 1 scoop.perlite mix it up then continue until pots full

• Like Like x 2
  18. Much appreciation you've been a great help!

• Like Like x 1
  19. also it might not seem worth it now but splurge on decent soil you will thank you self later, I finally got fox farms. and was using crappy 3$ potting soil ran into a slew of issues from ph getting out of wack to bugs and even burning from slow release nute (avoid at all cost )